FJ62 Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

umpqua

GOLD Star
Threads
Some #(*%#_% #%(*#( broke into my LC last night and stole the stereo. In the process the dash was #(%* up.

I've looked on Specter and called Toyota and the going price for a dash is in the area of $420. Does anyone know of where I might find one that is less expensive? This will be a cash deal - no comp insurance. The current dash was in great shape so I'm not sure that I want to go the used junkyard route.

Also, I'm mechanically challenged so I will probably need to have it installed?.

Any help is appreciated.

It's an 88 fj62.

yeah that too

$420 is the price that I got when I called Toyota and is the same price that is listed on Specter's site.

Do you have contact info on the guy in NM? Also, how am I going to get this installed? I guess that I could take it to an autobody place?

I really appreciate your help and quick response.

84-bj60 dash brown with no cracks or damage.Send a pic if you want.Rob

The stereo guy is a great idea. I will need a stereo as well so thanks for that, I didn't think of it.

I sent a note to Tap and will call Dan.

Pig...I need a brown dash. Will the 60 fit the 62? I also need to check tonight to see if I need the side defroster.

Again, I really appreciate the help.

umpqua said:
The stereo guy is a great idea. I will need a stereo as well so thanks for that, I didn't think of it.

I sent a note to Tap and will call Dan.

Pig...I need a brown dash. Will the 60 fit the 62? I also need to check tonight to see if I need the side defroster.

Again, I really appreciate the help.
Again, the 60 series will not work.

Got it on the 60 dash. Thanks.

What exactally are you looking for?? And where?

Are you looking for the dash top or the front? If you are looking for the front or bezel I have one that I could part with for $?????

Chris

I will need the dash and also the front. When I write "front" I mean the black piece that surronds the speed, tach, etc.

I was in the same boat about 2 years ago and replaced mine with a used dash from cruiserparts.net. I was very pleased. Call directly and ask specific questions about condition. They were very up front about the condition of mine. Best thing about my deal was that insurance paid out at new price, then I bought used.

euclid said:
I was in the same boat about 2 years ago and replaced mine with a used dash from cruiserparts.net. I was very pleased. Call directly and ask specific questions about condition. They were very up front about the condition of mine. Best thing about my deal was that insurance paid out at new price, then I bought used.
ditto, cruiserparts.net... those guys are real cool, fair prices. I don't know them at all except as a customer.

I also recommand cruiserparts.net
You can call to James who is really good guy with reasonable price.

I'm back again and kinda wish I wasn't.

I ordered and received the dash pad and instrument panel from cdan. No problems there...real happy.

I contacted a local stereo place to install the pad and they are estimating anywhere from $200 - over $400 for installation of the pad. They said they checked with Toyota and were told that it could take up to 6 hours. They said Toyota charges ~$700 for the install.

Does anyone have experience with this? Does this sound reasonable? This is a no comp insurance deal so this is all out of pocket. I'm already in a little over $400 for the dash pad and instrument panel and if it's $400 more for the install and another $150 for a stereo I'm just south of a grand. I'm a moron so I probably couldn't install the dash myself?

Thanks for any input.

Wow, that's a lot of dough for installation. It's not complicated, just time-consuming. You find all the screws that are holding it in place and take 'em out, being careful to keep track of them and where they came from.

An FSM would come in really handy here, and is cheap compared to the money you will save doing it yourself.

ditto what zcruiser says, it is easy to do. Get the FSM, keep track of the screws and where they go and take your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom