FJ62 ARB Bumper Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking into getting an ARB bullbar + winch for my FJ62. It seems like the only major online retailer that has it is Cruiser Corps and there's a freight surcharge for home delivery: ARB Bumper - 60 Series 1980-1990 - 3410100 - https://cruisercorps.com/collections/arb/products/arb-bumper-60-series

Would it be better to just have a shop put the bumper on? Any local recommendations for Raleigh?

I'm also hoping to fit a winch to it, but my knowledge of winch sizing isn't great. What's a common winch for solo recovery on the FJ62?

Last edited:
Install is not that difficult. But perhaps a shop would do a deal if you got both from them? Free Install? Also some vendors will offer deals on combos at times. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

4 wheel parts don’t always get the glowing reviews but this would be something I’d trust them too. See if they would make you a deal.

Winches have changed a lot in last several years but an m9000 would be a good candidate. You now have lots of options on integrated or divorced solenoids. Just make sure whatever you pic is in the list of options that fit the bumper selected.

Keep in mind if you order an ARB bumper through 4 Wheel Parts, there is a location in Raleigh and shipping is free. That's likely a savings of a few hundred $$. I was looking into an ARB recently for my 100 and was going to go that route. I ended up going with a 4x4labs though.

As @jfz80 mentioned, it's a fairly simple install. I have one on my 62. Only a few bolts. Those stock 60 bumpers go for good money, so if it's in good condition you can probably get $200-$300+ for it, and recoup some money.

I have a 10k lbs Warn VR-10S winch on my 62 & it has performed great.

Looks like 4WP is out of stock though. Everything is in high demand right now.

Looks like 4WP is out of stock though. Everything is in high demand right now.

I did notice it was out of stock there. I guess I can call and see if they can order more.

I just checked with my wholesale account. They have none in the country. 4wp may have one on the shelf somewhere. I had to wait 4 months for some ARB/OME parts last fall. Good luck in your search.

I just checked with my wholesale account. They have none in the country. 4wp may have one on the shelf somewhere. I had to wait 4 months for some ARB/OME parts last fall. Good luck in your search.
Yikes, I'll bet any listed as "in stock" online are just gonna put me on a wait list then.

Jason @TRAIL TAILOR makes a great looking bumper for the 60 series, and it's far superior strength-wise to the ARB. I'm not sure of the price, but I know his shipping prices seem very reasonable. It may be worth looking into. He's a great guy to deal with too.

1619178807015.png

Jason @TRAIL TAILOR makes a great looking bumper for the 60 series, and it's far superior strength-wise to the ARB. I'm not sure of the price, but I know his shipping prices seem very reasonable. It may be worth looking into. He's a great guy to deal with too.

View attachment 2653495

I appreciate the kind words. We just got our 60 front and rear parts back from the laser shop. The 60 front bumper pic above is my primary offering, but I did order a batch of the full hoop designs as well. Recessed fairlead and the hoops pass through the bumper shell for added strength as well.

J
IMG_20210116_100623290.jpg
IMG_20210116_100609753.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom