FJ60 Truck!! WHAT?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. AZ plates and a non-OEM fuel delivery system. No air rail and missing a ton of usual vacuum octopus. Wonder if CARB is going to pass it if someone pays 40k for a 60 one-off.

Glenn in Marana

Last edited:
There was somebody in the last few months who was thinking about doing a similar chop mod on their 60.

FJ60 Pickup from a basket case

$.02

Glenn in Marana

It’s from California and has always been in California and is for sale in California, but registered in Arizona? likely has emission issues so registered in smaller Arizona city to avoid sniffer testing. Looks fairly clean and looks a lot like an early 80s 4Runner with a removable top.

Must of had lots of rust on the rear of the roof!
So best Option was too chop it!

Must of had lots of rust on the rear of the roof!
So best Option was too chop it!

That's what I was thinking. They went to a lot of trouble to restore this thing, but why stop at the engine bay? Especially if you had the engine out for a rebuild anyway.

That's actually probably the highest quality 60 roof chop I've ever seen - there's been a ton. That's my favorite way to cut it, with the windshield and B pillar staying. That truck actually looks really well done, good cage design too. The price is still ridiculous but all 60's are priced ridiculously these days.

I had an 85 4Runner and really enjoyed it. I’m not too impressed with the 60 series truck. Now if it had a removable top like the 80s 4Runner that’d be a different story.

That's actually probably the highest quality 60 roof chop I've ever seen - there's been a ton. That's my favorite way to cut it, with the windshield and B pillar staying. That truck actually looks really well done, good cage design too. The price is still ridiculous but all 60's are priced ridiculously these days.

Agreed. That's a pretty slick rig actually. I love the concept of chopped 60's, but takes a lot of work to do it right.

I was worried about the A pillar rollbar (which they did a really good job incorporating into the dash down through the floor) being a stand alone bar until I saw the two attachments to the rear cage. Whew!
The rear cage would look so much better IMO if it followed the original roof line shape, which would also allow the rear bed area to be much more useful. As it is with the X bar and the angled D pillar runs, the rear cargo area is useless. Their bikini top is almost useless too. Love their concept and work, don't love their cage design and top.

Tencha still sets the bar for chopped 60 design.

I don't get it - imagine the dust driving on dirt. The cab and dash would be ruined - dust would get into everything. Does it come with a respirator?

I don't get it - imagine the dust driving on dirt. The cab and dash would be ruined - dust would get into everything. Does it come with a respirator?

Yeah I don't really get it either. I got this in one of my Ebay alert Emails a few days ago and thought WTH at the time. I am sure a lot of work went into it and as others have said it looks really well done. But me being the purist I am, this hurts to look at. But to each their own I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom