FJ60 Runnig Hot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sj

Threads
So I replaced my radiator, fan clutch, water pump, belts, and hoses. It runs fine but seems to run a little warm. I went out for a hike and on the drive up (6am 85 degrees) it ran just over 1/2 to 2/3 on the temp scale. On the way down (1pm 110 degrees) it ran a little cooler until I reached town. Once in town it runs hot, at stop lights it goes almost to the red. This has happend the last couple days around town.

Before the work was done the temp was always at the bottom 1/3. What could be causing the higher temps?

I replaced the thermostat last year but have not changed the radiator cap. The fluid levels seem to be fine, I will check the belts in case driving around a couple of days has loosened them up.

Anybody have any idea? I thought this was a sign of the fan clutch going out. What is the warrently on a new part from Toyota? I am at a lost here.

Sean

If everything else is new, and you run hot in town but not at speed, I would still say faulty fan clutch. With the motor cold in the morning, try moving the fan by hand. It should turn fairly easily. After getting it up to temp., shut it off and try to turn it. It should be harder to turn than when cold.

One other thing to check-- air bubbles in the system. Did you burp the truck when you finished changing everything? An air bubble on my truck was fooling the temp sensor into reading hot. After burping it, she never gets over 1/3rd

Hope that helps.

Hodag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom