Wanted FJ60 Manual (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bikini Top

Bama...sorry, accidentally deleted yer Extreme Bikini search thread....but...

There used to be a company that made one for Cruisers, much like the one from Specter....nicer in that it rolled up into a regular bikini top and could be dropped for inclement weather.

No longer available for Cruisers, or I'd have one.

Considering having one made myself....maybe later this summer....probably right after getting caught in the rain...hehehe

Re: Bikini Top

No problem, it was a long shot and I wasn't getting any nibbles on it anyway.

Looks like I'll have to start kicking some of my 'need to fix' money over into a 'like to have' account so I can get one of the Specter ones.

$115, ouch, but looks like it would work wonders when it's raining and you get caught out.

The one I looked at (Rock Gear, IIRC) was a regular old vinyl/demin bikini top and then used nylon for the back and sides and doors! In looking at the SOR one, it doesn't cover your doors or your cargo. Plus, this one rolled up into pouches in the bikini so they were out of the way.

IMO, a great idea, but only made for Jeeps now....course, that may have changed again, I shopped for them a few years back.

Just looked at the www.rockgear.com site. Nice tops, however they're more suited to your 'exteme' north location.

I like the Specter ones better, but I don't have to deal with the kind of cold/snow/etc. that you do.

I'm  just looking for something that keeps me a little bit drier than the regular bikini top, without too much confinement.

I do like the roll up/roll down feature they have for the rear flap.

Just on tip on bikini tops. I bought one of Specters tops which was double sided: black vinyl and camo. I ended up tearing the top first time on the trails, the edging and camo was thin. I just took it to a local canvas shop and had them repair it with the thicked edging and camo canvas they had. May want to find someone locally to make one to you design, would be more expensive but would stand up better.

:D

Hey, I got one of those Extreme Bikini's from someone who saw my want ad here. Got a good price on it too and the thing looks brand new.

I gyess you can say I'm a satisfied customer of Woody's Want Ad Bulletin Board. Thanks for hooking us up Woody.

Woody's Want Ads worked for me :D

(now how do I get rid of this whole posting?)

Need misc. FJ40 parts

I need some misc. parts for my newly aquired '73 Cruiser. I need the following:

Driver's turn signal housing and lens
Shifter boot for 3speed tcase
Driver's and passenger's outer mirrors
Good bucket seats
Good rear seats - jump or bench seats

I need all of this stuff for pretty darn cheap. I'm a starving college student trying to get into the Cruiser scene. Please email me if you have any of this. Thanks!

Brad
design311@hotmail.com

Re: Need misc. FJ40 parts

Brad-

some comments:
>Driver's turn signal housing and lens
you should be able to find one used

>Shifter boot for 3speed tcase
Used rubber? are you kidding? If you don't want an OEM new one, drop on by Napa-Pep Boys and pick up a generic one.

>Driver's and passenger's outer mirrors
not gonna find these cheap.

>Good bucket seats
wrecking yard locally. It will kill your wallet to ship them anywhere.

>Good rear seats - jump or bench seats
again, not cheap. Good ones go for $150 a pair for shorts, long style (no roll bar) a little less. If you want to recover bare springs then 'cheap' will play into the game.

Yeah, I've done more research since I posted this. I have my eye on some front buckets and rear bench from a Heep. It's a guy in a local 4wheeling club. Probably end up buying the boot and blinker housing from CCOT or SOR. Thanks!

doors hardtop for 80 bj40

lookin for a nice hardtop and set of doors for my bj...must be fairly staight and rust free..or close to it..........cheers

Still looking for the following for my 73 FJ40:

Front turn signal - complete housing and lens
Rear hatch lift handle
Good bikini top and channel

If you can hook me up I'd appreciate it. L8tr!

Good bikini top and channel

Check JCWhitney.com for your bikini...like $30 plus the channel. For that price, why buy used. I've bought mine there - 3 total thus far. (They lead rough lives...heh)

3b diesel

I am wanting to put a 3b diesel in my fj62. Let me know if anyone out there has one. I am looking for relatively good engine, maybe needing a little work. Milage will depend on how good engine is. If you have a perfectly running 180k mile engine, i would still like to buy it. YOu get the point.
Email: billybob_98@hotmail.com
Thanks, Ben

Alright, I still need the front turn signal. I want an older style but I'll take two newer styles also. I just need something and don't want to pay for new ones...

<-------- Tight Ass !!

For cheap new parts check out:

www.fourwheelauto.com (in Canada, pretty much the same price as US parts, but in Canadian, great guys to deal with, and they have a toll free number, they are total cruiser heads)

James, thanks for the lead bro! :D

Rear Ambulance Doors in Canada

As per the subject, preferably w/o much rust

Thanks

Rear View Mirror, and Wiper Motor, 73, 40

I need the mirror that attaches to the windshield. I am also in need of a wiper motor with original harness and switch. Is it worth getting a used windshield as well, mine is cracked.
Pablo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom