Wanted FJ60 Manual (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40 Windshield seal

Need a 1972 Fj40 windshield glass seal.... My old seal was two piece.... the main seal that holds the glass in the frame and the rubber insert that fits into the slot in the main seal that tightens-up the whole show.... I need both...

Re: FJ40 Windshield seal

The new seals are only like $30 or so from sor.com or maf.com or tpilandcruiser.com or one of the many others. Using a "used" seal usually means they are 30 years old and just as dried/cracked as yours is. Using a seal thru the local glass shop usually means they picked something close and it doesn't fit right, as niner found out the hard way.

Also, installing a seal is a PITA, and IMO the glass shops justifiably earn their pennies installing these things.

SOR had the best price I could find. The seal and key were $42.00. Now about the install, what's a fair price..?? I had a quote from a glass shop here in town for $100.00. that seemed WAY out of range, considering I'm bringing them a clean frame, glass, and the new seals... I imagine they will spend 10-15 minutes acutally installing the glass....

don't know on install....I battled mine thru a 6-pack of beer and 3 hours one evening.....$100 does seem high tho.

Might be worth catching one of the guys "on the side" and seeing what he'd do it for as a cash job.....

As Woody so gratiously brought up I did purchase a roll of "direct replacement" gasket and seal. the problem is that it did not stay in place the wind from trailering it down the road caused it to fall out and break the glass. The glass company did replace the glass w/ installl for free, after I purchased a gasket and key from cool Cruisers of texas. I was fortunate enough to see them install the glass. It took two of their technicians and the supervisor 2 hours and they had to cut the glass 4 times. the first time they installed the glass in the bad gasket it only cost me 30 bucks, glad they ate the second go around.

FJ40 heater fan and motor

I'm looking for a fan and motor for the rear heater of a '71 FJ40 -- have heat core and assembly, just need fan/motor. Prev owner removed, thus can't repair/rebuild.

Re: FJ40 heater fan and motor

Hi I might have the parts you need. Can you describe where I'd find them in the front heater assembly? I have a spare front heater assembly( the box that bolts to the firewall) that is missing only the brass pin which levers the vents on top open and shut.

AR

you won't find them in the front heater assembly -- the fan and motor for the front heater are located on the other side of the firewall, in the engine compartment. The rear heater is completely different.

I have a rear heater for a FJ60 on e bay right now, this would work great in a fj40 let me know if you want the e bay item number

Robb

Interior light - factory softtop 40 series

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an interior light for the factory softtop FJ40, the type that mounts on the dash to the right of the glovebox. If you got one in good shape and you want to sell it, please PM me.

Dave

Re: Rear Ambulance Doors in Canada

http://pi.com.pk/adoors
adoorcomp.jpg

adoors.jpg

Email ehsankiani@yahoo.com for more details..
Thanks
Ehsan

FJ-60 DRIVESHAFT!!

i need a front one! (if i am not mistaken, these are the ones that have cv joint right?)

anyways, if you have a land cruiser driveshaft with a cv joint on it...i need it!

thanks!
-Max

Don't Laugh - FJ25 Parts Wanted

Looking for a few original parts for my FJ25.  ::)
Making progress, thanks folks!  :D

Front bumper (anything after 1963? is not the same, looks more like it belongs on a postal j**p)

Rear jump seat frames w/ two bolt flange mounting (I just need a set of arms or junk frames from an early 40 to make a set because the FJ25 had arms on both ends)

Rear tail lights (little things that hang down off the body) brackets found, still need light lenses

Brake/clutch master cylinders found (unless you have a new one in the box!)

Left soft top door and bows for over the doors only Won't turn down a complete set!

Vacuum wiper motor

Headlight Switch - rotary style

Rear frame bumper/crossmember w/ braces

Wheel rims found 3 out of 5

Or basically anything specific to a FJ25.

I can send you pics to help identify FJ25 stuff!
Hey, I heard that, stop laughing.
Jim

Re: Don't Laugh - FJ25 Parts Wanted

Sorry its just kinda hard not to laugh, but seriously Im kinda jealous and I wish you luck.
Ledge

Somewhere over the rainbow....

All i got is 40 parts.and most of them are on my truck.:p....Got that xfer all set for me tomorrow!! haha

Stew

Thanks for the support ??? guys.

Yeah Stew, you keep coming around and I'll keep throwin rusty crap into your truck. :D

Jim

windshield wipers

need some windshield wipers for a fj40, need the whole blade and the part that snaps on the motors. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom