Wanted FJ60 Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

33" tires and OME lift

If you wanna go a smidge bigger...which usually happens in a few more months anyway :), I have four 35x12.5x15's. Two are BFG's with 2/3 tread and one Wrangler and one Mud King with about 1/3 each. Don't need much for em, but they are in south central Colorado and I don't know where you are? Give a holler if your interested...719-274-5622 evenings or e-mail at scottvcf@amigo.net

Scott
78 FJ-40 "Rudy"

2F engine or Adapter for Chevy V8 in or around WI

I assume your going to toy 4 speed. If not I've got the plate that goes between the bellhousing and 3 speed.

Early brake master

Unless yours is cracked or sat for a LOOONG time with water in it, rebuild it. The kit is only a few bucks from NAPA (I think it's $13) and a cheap hone is only a few bucks anywhere except napa. You'll learn a few things and have the assurance of knowing that it's done right. Even if you bought a used one, you'd want to rebuild it anyway. It's dead simple (there are only like 6 parts) and you may even restore quite a bit of useable brake pedal travel.

After I rebuilt mine, I had a solid pedal at the top of the stroke and had to adjust it way down so I could still feather the gas with the same foot. :p

Re:shcakle lifts and maybe some tires!

I've got 2 pairs of Con-fer shackles, I think they are 5.25" eye to eye... One pair is stock, the other pair I cut the center brace out of...

What do ya wanna give me for 'em?

WTB Spring hangers / used 4" lift springs

I have a set of used 4" BDS springs off a 75 FJ40. Actually, there are 3 springs about 2 years old, and one new spring, never installed. Pulled the set off last year when the pass front spring got rammed into a rock and tweaked. BDS sent me a warranty replacement, but I never got around to instaling on my new FJ40 project. A new kit is about $650, but that includes shox & u-bolts. I'd like to get $200 for the 4 springs w/ bushings. Buyer pays shipping from 43130, or pick up in central Ohio. Reply to <fj40jim@aol.com> if you're interested. Thanks!

Actually the truck is a 3 speed now with the 2f removed. Was planning on 4, but for now, possibly the 3 speed would be the easiest. What do you have to have for the plate? What bellhousing do I use? Chevy or yota? Thanks

Lee

Re:2F engine or Adapter for Chevy V8 in or around WI

You would use the Chev bellhousing, and the plate spaces the trans back, 1/2" IIRC, as the Toyota input shaft is longer on the three-speed transmissions. The bolt hole space is the same between Chev manual trannies (420/465), and the Toyota three-speed. You will need two of the metric thread bolts, and two ase 1/2" diameter coarse thread to hold the trans to the chev bellhousing.

the plate is the only part I have left, still attached between bellhousing and trans. If you want it how about $20 and I'll ship it to you.

Need Adapter

Man a Fre has them in the GARAGE SALE for $389

nocents

Steve

Thanks for the info.

3_puppies

I will take it. This will help the little project get under way. Thanks

Lee

sending you a email. thanksagain.

Wanted parts for 93 FZJ80

Have you tried www.cruiserparts.net? I'm starting to feel like their spokeman, but I'm not affiliated. I've just heard good things a know he often has 80-series used stuff.

Re:80 parts

Thanks Garth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom