Wanted FJ60 Manual (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hansolo said:
I'm looking for an exhaust manifold for a 1976 fj40 with California emissions. Any help would be greatly appreciated

They do not exist. The ones that do survive are universally cracked and worthless. That particular maniflod was only used for a year or two and has the combustion chamber built in to improve emissions. To pass smog, you will need the smog legal header that SOR sells. It will hook up to your EGR and the yellow sticker will get you past the smog visual inspection. I have a '76 California spec FJ40 and went through this whole exercise about 4 years ago. The last 2 smog tests have gone well with the SOR smog legal header.

Vacuum shift 4wd stuff

Hi, little vague, but I'm looking for vacuum shifter related stuff to hook up on an fj40 that is getting a 13bt/h55f vaccum Tcase...

Tubes. swithes, solenoids, vacuum reservoir, hard vac lines, relays, etc.
Probably need shipping, located in Maine 04092
Thanks,
Please email voltronx7x@hotmail.com

or call (207-756-9017

i have one still in my criuzer its a 1970.i am thinking of going with a fuel cell.let me know if you want it.

Yes I did. I bought them from another ih8mudder with the full intention of using them myself, but then the project evolved (got out of hand) and am now thinking that full case lockers, like ARBs or Detroits might stand up better than the LockRights.

There is a local 4x4 shop that is helping me to build the axles and his advice was that with the double t-case and the tire size that is planned, that the LockRights might not be strong enough.

Maybe it was a mistake to get rid of the LockRights without any firsthand knowledge of their reliability, but I guess if I'm going to make an error, its to be stronger or more expensive than necessary rather than to be weaker just for the sake of saving money. A broken LockRight can not only ruin a great wheeling run, but can take out axleshafts, birfields, etc. I guess I'm just erring on the side of caution.

I don't know everything about trucks or Cruisers for that matter, in some ways, I don't even know enough to stay out of trouble- but on a previous truck buildup I fell into the compromising trap of talking myself into accepting parts that were'nt really what I wanted- just because they were cheap. On this buildup- I kind of set a new rule: Either build it right, or don't build it at all. So, if I need to wait a couple of extra weeks to scrape together the pennies to do it in the way that I perceive to be right, then I think thats what I should do.

I'm always open to advice or suggestions from anyone who knows more than I do (even from some that know less than I do).

I guess I don't go for the whole "If you're not breaking it- you're not driving it hard enough " mentality. My position is- "If you're breaking it- you didn't build it right for the type of driving you're doing".

Anyway, kind of a long-winded response to your question, but anyway. Thanks for listening, Luke

I asked just out of pure curiousity.
BTW would have gladdly purchased the pair if i had known before the auction they were for sale.

Does the 4x4 shop have a monetary interest in what you build or how you build it?

You will recieve mixed feelings about just about any locker choice you choose.

lockrights in 40s on sas late model runner, 37 on early runner front, 37 on 90 toy xtra truck, 38.5 on 4.1 heep front, 37 on built EB, 37 on early CJ5. Some run lots of miles and trails, only the late runner had a problem with the front lockright, but it was all weight load on it and it lost some teeth, bought new pieces put it back together.

detroit, rear of the 37 early runner, rear of 38.5 4.1 Heep ate one by way of bad pinion bearing.

I guess the fact you had the lock rights, you could have just tried them first, then decide?

well the other lockers also might be of interest aussie, powertrax ?

aussie is $230 NEW i think

nice money for those used lockrights, LOL

No, the local guy is not invested in the project, at least not monetarily. He was just saying that he seems to see a lot of broken LockRights. You are right that I could have kept them and tried them out before getting all hot to sell them and get something else- that seems to be a problem with projects for me... too many options. I could do this, I could do that, or I could do that, etc,etc,etc. I change my mind too easily. Anyway. I do appreciate the responses I get here at over at Pirate 4x4. All you guys that have more experience than I do help me to avoid some mistakes (and help me to spend more money) :) See ya, Luke

Yeah, I was hoping to get back what I had in them, and the bidding kept going up and up. Why on earth anyone would pay that much for used LockRights when new ones are nearly the same price completely baffles me, but oh well. I guess it takes all types to make the world go round.

lol, too many projects too many options is life to a T.
got two and half fj40s, about 5 different engines, about 5 pairs of different axles, about 6 different trannys, 5 different transfers, no idea when to find time and $$$ put the wheelin one together, so i put one together just to drive it on the street. PLUS 6 other buddies rigs to work on or modify, and 5 other vehicles (some projects) of my own. CAR and truck addict.

if you find more then then the number of used cruiser lockers you need, let me know, i could use one.

will do.

WTB: a early tub in good shape light work needed.

i am looking for a prefarrably 76-78 tub. but if its steel and in fairly good shape (no rust cities) i would be interested. i would pay for shipping or even pick it up. dont care about color or anything. as long as i have something to work with i am happy. let me seee what you have and pics would be nice. i would also trade things that people may be interested in like a full ready to run Rc- truck that is 4X4. its fun to have on a trail while you are taking a break! or even a Rc plane or two.

thanks pj. :bounce:

replied to ya on r.s. site...i've got five of em..235r75/15

awesome,

what kind....are they in decent shape??

where and when...I need them early this week if possible..

thx,

rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom