FJ60 loss of power with Holley Sniper EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 83 FJ60 that has a Holley Sniper fuel injection system. It's always been normal for the car to sputter and lose power when the throttle pedal was pressed to the floor, but recently I have been having a tough time getting good power with the throttle over around 35mph and the "sweet spot" in the range of motion of the throttle pedal has decreased. I replaced the fuel pump but that didn't seem to help. I also did buy the cruiser in Idaho and it now lives in Vermont so maybe it's something to do with the elevation change, but it's been in Vermont for a while and for some reason it is recently getting worse. Any suggestions?

-Sam

how old is the fuel filter?

how about doing some actual diagnostic work? What is your fuel pressure? What is your engine's compression and vacuum numbers? Is your ignition timing set correctly? What do the spark plugs look like?

The internet can't check these things for you

Running a powersurge tank or is your pump in the gas tank or is it in-line? In-line pumps overheat and have a shorter life. Post some pics of the setup and information about your settings like target fuel ratio and idle and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom