FJ60 Headlights Upgrade - Question (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The HIB issue is hit or miss. Some folks have it and some don't, but maybe you will get lucky OP with yours. The Koito kit is a nice upgrade and there are solutions for the HIB issue if you encounter it. For $50 its prolly your safe bet if not wanting to part with a ton of cash. HTH.
I like it.
OK. sounds like the way to go.

Thanks!!

I did the IPF lens, higher power H4 bulbs with the ARB harness and it was a great upgrade and simple install. High beam indicator works as well.

I think I got everything from Cruiser Outfitters.

Here's a cool pic. Looks like I have laserbeam headlights. ;)

i-DBLTqzj-M.jpg

I did the IPF lens, higher power H4 bulbs with the ARB harness and it was a great upgrade and simple install. High beam indicator works as well.

i-DBLTqzj-M.jpg
Nice ride!
Cool. Nice set up.
I am working to see what route to go still.
Do you remember how much you paid for the entire set up?

Thanks.
Jonathan

i-DBLTqzj-M.jpg
Question. Did you cut the rear quater panels? I just saw that, looks like it from the pic.
Thanks

Nice ride!
Cool. Nice set up.
I am working to see what route to go still.
Do you remember how much you paid for the entire set up?

Thanks.
Jonathan

Thanks, yes rear quarters are trimmed on mine.

The IPF H4 set up I have is around 40 per lens, 40 per bulb (80/100W), and 100 for the harness and relays.

The ARB seems to make the HBI work. I have not yet installed this harness but am told it makes the HBI work somehow.

I installed the ARB harness this weekend and it does indeed make the HBI work. Not sure how but it does. HTH.

Thanks, yes rear quarters are trimmed on mine.

The IPF H4 set up I have is around 40 per lens, 40 per bulb (80/100W), and 100 for the harness and relays.
That is not too bad. Thanks for the info.
I will check those out today.

Thanks again.

I can't find a link or the part number but Toyota offers a complete kit, 2 headlights with H4 bulbs, wiring with relays that is a vast improvement over the original stock headlights. It's an easy plug-and-play installation. The whole setup can be had for ca. $50-75. Probably the best headlight value upgrade available. I'm running these in 2 FJ60s.
My '86 FJ60 has an '89 FJ62 harness, with the leads switched at the headlights per your Four Wheeler magazine article on fuel injecting an FJ60. With the Toyota kit, is there anything special that needs to be done (versus installing the kit with an FJ60 harness)?

I ordered my kit from the UAE, it should be here in two or three weeks.

My '86 FJ60 has an '89 FJ62 harness, with the leads switched at the headlights per your Four Wheeler magazine article on fuel injecting an FJ60. With the Toyota kit, is there anything special that needs to be done (versus installing the kit with an FJ60 harness)?

I ordered my kit from the UAE, it should be here in two or three weeks.

Nothing special, just plug it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom