Fj60 Fj62 Chrome Rocker Molding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a proper technique to remove the snake blinders preventing damage? I'm, very slowly, stripping down for paint. I have one good trim left on the 60, and I just noticed I purchased a new one from CruiserParts in 2013 for $129! I should have bought a pair!
So worth a mention that in addition to the 5 clips/retainers on each side there are also 2 screws with grommets securing the front of the snake blinders:

9353064020​
$ 0.79​
SCREW, TAPPING
9018904001​
$ 1.89​
GROMMET, SCREW

Once you remove these things should loosen up if they are not already. You can use a plastic trim/panel removal tool to get behind the trim and pop out each clip. Honestly if like mine just gently pulling with your hands will be enough.

So worth a mention that in addition to the 5 clips/retainers on each side there are also 2 screws with grommets securing the front of the snake blinders:

9353064020​
$ 0.79​
SCREW, TAPPING
9018904001​
$ 1.89​
GROMMET, SCREW

Once you remove these things should loosen up if they are not already. You can use a plastic trim/panel removal tool to get behind the trim and pop out each clip. Honestly if like mine just gently pulling with your hands will be enough.
Thanks for the info! I was thinking spatula😕. I should probably count on replacing the clips?

Inr
Thanks for the info! I was thinking spatula😕. I should probably count on replacing the clips?

I replaced all my hardware. On driver side it was hanging on by one clip and the screws. Also before I reassembled I sprayed inside the rocker holes with Fluid Film.

I found the trim clips needed for the rocker panels (snake blinders) and you'll need 5 per side (as mentioned above):

I also found them on ebay, but they were listed @ $10/ea.

1692369614772.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom