FJ45LV Pedal Box update/upgrade for booster etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone updated or upgraded to a later 40 series pedal box on a FJ45LV. I am going to run a booster and considering my options. To run with a bracket to clear the firewall brace or is it possible to update the pedal box and modify firewall for a neat finish. I have seen this done with FJ40's but i am not sure if the dash geometry is the same in an LV. The brackets under the dash look different and the demist ducts are different to and may foul?
Any input greatly appreciated, thanks:)

I ran a firewall spacer for 15 years in a 65 45, never an issue, simple, and don’t need to cut up an original firewall!!

thanks whitey45, i've heard they work well, and i've heard that the throw on the pedal is not so great. Good to hear some first hand experience. Obviously i don't want to mod the firewall if i don't need to, so im glad to hear that. This will hopefully be the last time this car is in pieces so i want to put any doubts to rest now.

I recently read c2dfj45's thread and he used a neat one on his 45lv. May not be applicable to a RHD V, but might be an option. Can't recall what unit it was but looked good.

Paul Read ( Mr Landcruiser) has converted a couple of early cars over to later pedal box and also swapped the curved rib over.

My ute has been converted over to have a later pedal assembly and 80 series booster/master combo. My firewall already had the curved rib so only needed a slight massage and a couple of extra holes. I'd need to go and check how its mounted in the cab. Its definitely a worthwhile upgrade and it cleans up the engine bay by removing the old VH44 booster.

Thanks sneaky ill check it out. I've seen Paul Reads conversion. Still it may not work on a 45V as the dash is a bit different. definitely 80 booster is the way to go. i have a spare later firewall so who knows it might get a run on the other 45V, basket case ute project...

thevv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom