fj45 2f all of a sudden not running after choke is off (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey man what do you mean by providing it reliable power? It does click when the ignition is on, is that not enough? the carby is an asain carb i got from maxspeedingrods around 4 months ago
Maxspeedingrods sells Chicom copies, not Aisan. Lemons vs apples.

Last edited:
I had my computer open last time this issue came up. There was no discernible damage to anything, all connections looked fine. I’m not so sure about the “5 minute” fix stated above. You will need knowledge about everything on the motherboard, a micro solder kit, and some reading glasses to start…
34754A9A-D436-4C97-8A8D-E36B449C08D3.jpeg
6D53DBF7-B5A8-47D9-88FF-EAE213BEE9D0.jpeg

I had my computer open last time this issue came up. There was no discernible damage to anything, all connections looked fine. I’m not so sure about the “5 minute” fix stated above. You will need knowledge about everything on the motherboard, a micro solder kit, and some reading glasses to start…View attachment 3608666View attachment 3608669
Haha for me it is usually 5 minutes and because I already see the failures! Quick and easy, the failures are at the connector housing and fail due to vibration/removal. Reflow these points and/or add solder and be on your way. Perhaps its my young eyes as well...but reflowing isn't hard on these, commonly accessed fine tip is all you'd need and some good silver solder...which most diy auto folks should already have.

Reflow all circled items as this is how the circuits are fed and are your issue. If the remaining two I did not circle are cracked, reflow as well, I just can't see from picture. The rest are all terribly cracked.

1713287947037.png

Resolder all the connector pins and anything else suspicious looking under a good magnifier. I desolder and then apply a bit of flux then resolder to ensure a good connection. Typically it will just be the connector but anything with a thick lead or that is heavy can cause problems. Also remove those dabs of glue on the top side, they were there to hold the caps during the original soldering process. It can become conductive over time.

Maxspeedingrods sells Chicom copies, not Aisan. Lemons vs apples.
And clean that nasty flux off there that Denso left.

View attachment 3608854
Haha for me it is usually 5 minutes and because I already see the failures! Quick and easy, the failures are at the connector housing and fail due to vibration/removal. Reflow these points and/or add solder and be on your way. Perhaps its my young eyes as well...but reflowing isn't hard on these, commonly accessed fine tip is all you'd need and some good silver solder...which most diy auto folks should already have.

Reflow all circled items as this is how the circuits are fed and are your issue. If the remaining two I did not circle are cracked, reflow as well, I just can't see from picture. The rest are all terribly cracked.

View attachment 3608674
what are these? i have an owners manual i know that's a vsv. the wires were cut by previous owner

434808039_449895884090848_8206689629854980271_n.jpg

437309142_3633972496931379_7162713940569390771_n.jpg

The open port in your last pic could be your problem.

that bottom pic looks to me like a temp sensor, aftermarket or foreign (?) US are different. This would not cause your issue (if that is a small brass fitting into the block with wires attached). Not sure if you have investigated your emissions computer or fuel solenoid yet but that’s where I’d start. Both simple to check. Chasing cut wires and random components will make you a little batty. If the above 2 check out, my next would be removing top of carb and inspecting the jets. Also, remove fuel line at carb and make sure pump is pushing fuel to carb. There is also a little mesh filter on my solenoid, remove, inspect, clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom