FJ40 used parts value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have fj40 parts that I'd like to post for sale. Primarily drivetrain parts and a few body parts. What is the best way to determine a asking price for used parts. Looking to be fair to both the buyer and myself but just not certain where to start. Thanks for any advice.

You will find people on here are pretty fair, have you looked thru classified section for pricing ranges ?
Curious, what year 40 parts ? Now if you were to say you had an entire factory soft top with hardware , well then...

You will find people on here are pretty fair, have you looked thru classified section for pricing ranges ?
Curious, what year 40 parts ? Now if you were to say you had an entire factory soft top with hardware , well then...
I would certainly agree that people on here are fair. I have looked thru classified some but haven’t really been able to determine a good basis of value. I could post without prices and just work with a buyer but wasn’t sure if that was the best approach. Not sure of exact years of parts being I acquired them with a recent FJ40 purchase. I know that I have both 3 and 4 speed versions of various driveline parts being transmission, transfer case, bell housing, drive shafts and axles. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

what year is the 40 ?
The parts I acquired with the 40 purchase were from a number of other 40's that were parted out. I believe anywhere from 1970 to 1978 but not certain.

just be prepared that some of the stuff you have may just end up being scrap or sold for scrap price.

Same as what’s been said above. Check Parts page for comparable condition/availability/etc... I will sometimes check with vendors that sell used items for a price point as well. Me personally, I’m pretty bad at pricing used stuff. I give the best deal I can in hopes that someone will pay the good fortunes forward! 😎🤘

Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom