Wanted Fj40 steelies for my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all,

Looking for a set of 40 wheels for my 60. Black or gray will work. I’ll pay for shipping, if not a neighboring state pick up. Located in Austin, Tx. Thanks!!

Hey y’all,

Looking for a set of 40 wheels for my 60. Black or gray will work. I’ll pay for shipping, if not a neighboring state pick up. Located in Austin, Tx. Thanks!!
You can buy 'em new from Toyota still depending on your budget and needs. If you order them online you can usually get free shipping and no sales tax as well. When I purchased, I had to order 3 wheels on one order, and two on another in order to get the free shipping. I think the deal was free shipping on orders over $75, but only free shipping on up to $200 worth of estimated "shipping" costs. The 5 wheels on one order exceeded the $200 in free shipping costs so I broke up the order and no issues.

You can buy 'em new from Toyota still depending on your budget and needs. If you order them online you can usually get free shipping and no sales tax as well. When I purchased, I had to order 3 wheels on one order, and two on another in order to get the free shipping. I think the deal was free shipping on orders over $75, but only free shipping on up to $200 worth of estimated "shipping" costs. The 5 wheels on one order exceeded the $200 in free shipping costs so I broke up the order and no issues.

Might just end up going that route. Those city racer wheels are about double the price. 👀 Are they really that much better?

Might just end up going that route. Those city racer wheels are about double the price. 👀 Are they really that much better?
No, and they're way more than double with shipping. but they open up a much larger range of tires to choose from.

No, and they're way more than double with shipping. but they open up a much larger range of tires to choose from.
Should 33 10.5 KO2s fit the OEM? I read I might have trouble getting a place like discount tire to mount them. That a mom and pop shop is best.

Should 33 10.5 KO2s fit the OEM? I read I might have trouble getting a place like discount tire to mount them. That a mom and pop shop is best.
They're fine, perfect actually. Thousands of rigs have had this setup over the years.

On the money side, take into account the OEM wheels from Toyota are black primer and should be painted or powdercoated or they will fade pretty quickly when exposed to UV light. I went to a local powdercoat place and they wanted $100 a wheel, which is about what I paid for my new wheels each. I elected to spray paint them. At that rate for powdercoating it doesn't make the city racer wheels seem that expensive. I'm not sure what the shipping costs are on those wheels though.

They're fine, perfect actually. Thousands of rigs have had this setup over the years.

On the money side, take into account the OEM wheels from Toyota are black primer and should be painted or powdercoated or they will fade pretty quickly when exposed to UV light. I went to a local powdercoat place and they wanted $100 a wheel, which is about what I paid for my new wheels each. I elected to spray paint them. At that rate for powdercoating it doesn't make the city racer wheels seem that expensive. I'm not sure what the shipping costs are on those wheels though.
What’d you spray paint them with? Color and brand.

What’d you spray paint them with? Color and brand.
I scuffed them up and then shot them with Rustoleum semi-gloss black from Home Depot. They look no different than when I pulled them out of the box from Toyota, they will just look good much longer with the spray paint on them.

I scuffed them up and then shot them with Rustoleum semi-gloss black from Home Depot. They look no different than when I pulled them out of the box from Toyota, they will just look good much longer with the spray paint on them.
Right on man, appreciate your input! I’ll be doing the exactly the same then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom