FJ40 signal flasher - location help?

L

Lor

I need to fix my dead signal. Could someone point to where I can find this unit? It's a '78. Thanks.

bj42turbo

bj42turbo

Lor
I have just replaced mine it was located just above the brake pedal..................Dazz

P.S I did already answer your ? on the tread "40 series flasher faulty" good luck :)

L

Lor

Thanks for answering. I did get your other post. Just that you said you had a BJ instead and you're on the right hand side. Mine is left hand drive, and I check above the brake pedal, but didn't see it.

bj42turbo

bj42turbo

[quote author=Lor link=board=1;threadid=3720;start=0#msg27395 date=1058422101]
Thanks for answering. I did get your other post. Just that you said you had a BJ instead and you're on the right hand side. Mine is left hand drive, and I check above the brake pedal, but didn't see it.
[/quote]

Any luck finding it I just thought of one way. Put on your hazzards i think you said they are still working. Then you should be able to hear the clicking sound produce my the flasher can .........Dazz

L

Lor

I think I might have found it. Does it has a stamp with "turn signal" on there? I found this unit bolt to a bracket above the clutch pedal, near the fuse box. It has two wires (green with strips) with a T shape that plug into the unit. Is this the flasher? Is there aftermarket? I've heard someone got this unit at NAPA for around $2. Anyone happen to know their part #?

L

Lor

Thank you for all your help. The signal is now working.

bj42turbo

bj42turbo

[quote author=Lor link=board=1;threadid=3720;start=0#msg27809 date=1058591791]
Thank you for all your help. The signal is now working.
[/quote]

What was the end result........Dazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom