FJ40 or 45 on a toy pu chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Another crazy idea in my head. I was wondering if someone has put a 40 or 45 body on a toyota pu chassis. My DD is a 1990 excab 4x4 pu, I would love to have a fj45 pu for my DD, but the cost to get one, and to kinda restore it, and the fuel mileage would kill me. I drive about 80 miles a day with work and running around.
So I thought about getting the body parts from Aquala Ind. and putting them on my 90 pu, and do a straight axle conversion.
Any thoughts and pics if someone knows of any.
Thanks,
Scott

i dont see the point, but i guess you could to it if you wanted an underpowerd Truck with a weaker Frame and drivetrain..

I would Buy a 45 and toss in a 4bt Cummins in it for good gas milage, Drive the piss out of it!

I wouldn`t want to tare a fj45 apart, and take away the OEM quality.
And the toy pu has a strong drivetrain, I have seen the tcases holdup better to a V8 than a fj40 tcase. The older pu`s had the weaker frame up front by the steering box, and my truck runs good here in the Colorado rockys.
I just got 27 mpg on my last tank, and my engine has 193k on it, I usally get 24mpg.
isotel said:
i dont see the point, but i guess you could to it if you wanted an underpowerd Truck with a weaker Frame and drivetrain..

I would Buy a 45 and toss in a 4bt Cummins in it for good gas milage, Drive the piss out of it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom