FJ40 or 45 on a toy pu chassis

Discussion in 'HardCore Corner' started by Scottb, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Scottb

Scottb

Another crazy idea in my head. I was wondering if someone has put a 40 or 45 body on a toyota pu chassis. My DD is a 1990 excab 4x4 pu, I would love to have a fj45 pu for my DD, but the cost to get one, and to kinda restore it, and the fuel mileage would kill me. I drive about 80 miles a day with work and running around.
    So I thought about getting the body parts from Aquala Ind. and putting them on my 90 pu, and do a straight axle conversion.
    Any thoughts and pics if someone knows of any.
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    i dont see the point, but i guess you could to it if you wanted an underpowerd Truck with a weaker Frame and drivetrain..

I would Buy a 45 and toss in a 4bt Cummins in it for good gas milage, Drive the piss out of it!

3. Scottb

Scottb

I wouldn`t want to tare a fj45 apart, and take away the OEM quality.
    And the toy pu has a strong drivetrain, I have seen the tcases holdup better to a V8 than a fj40 tcase. The older pu`s had the weaker frame up front by the steering box, and my truck runs good here in the Colorado rockys.
    I just got 27 mpg on my last tank, and my engine has 193k on it, I usally get 24mpg.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.