Wanted fj40 North Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1972 fj40 that has been sprung over, has 4 wheel disc, power steering, sm 420 trans, 35" tires, locked front and rear, sb400 bored and fuel injected. there is more. Are you interested in something like this?

look for an fj40 or Bj in good shape will pay up to about 10k

Finding a descent BJ on that budget will be tough if not impossible.
Good luck however.......1978HJ45

I realize it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I would also recommend "Global Classic Imports / C-A-R-S.com. They are located in Southern Georgia ( 30 miles N.E. of Tallahassee, Fla.) and normally have a descent inventory and might be able to help you.
Good luck......1978HJ45

I realize it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I would also recommend "Global Classic Imports / C-A-R-S.com. They are located in Southern Georgia ( 30 miles N.E. of Tallahassee, Fla.) and normally have a descent inventory and might be able to help you.
Good luck......1978HJ45

I looked at that web site and to say the least.... it is NOT user friendly. No specs, prices, or any other information available.

I looked at that web site and to say the least.... it is NOT user friendly. No specs, prices, or any other information available.

The owner....John Bailey.....(508) 726-7693
......1978HJ45

I -- Like most people searching -- don't want to have to call a phone # to find out basic information. I would prefer that be listed on the web site and if interested I would initiate further contact. In this day and age its the only way to run a classified web site. Who really wants to get on the phone and hear a salesmen try and talk you into somethingl??

The owner....John Bailey.....(508) 726-7693
......1978HJ45

As the saying goes "I don't have a dog in this fight". I am not a spokesman for John or his company. I am simply passing along information and what you do with it is your choice.
Good luck with your search.........1978HJ45

Thanks for taking the time to help me in my search!

As the saying goes "I don't have a dog in this fight". I am not a spokesman for John or his company. I am simply passing along information and what you do with it is your choice.
Good luck with your search.........1978HJ45

are you sure? 508 is a central Massachusetts area code.

I believe his web site mentions that he has operations in both Georgia and Nantucket which would explain the phone number.
.....1978HJ45

I personally would not trust the man John D Bailey, I bought a car off him he's a smooth talker over the phone and that's about it. I found it very interesting for a man who's sold so many cars and he's not a licensed vehicle dealer. Bought a left hand drive Troop carrier off him, only to find out six months later it broke out with rust everywhere. All of the bondo was held in with news paper, it cost Me $8,000 to fix it. And then i found out he was just a window cleaner, that topped it off. He didn't know one end of a wrench from the other. I would estimate he has a 100% mark up on all of his trucks. I would definitely buy it direct next time from the supplier, Somewhere like eBay Australia, Trading post Australia, Car sales.com, Trade Me New Zealand. And if you ever have a problem don't ever expect him to pick up the phone.
I don't think he'll be trading for ever, especially without a license.

I personally would not trust the man John D Bailey, I bought a car off him he's a smooth talker over the phone and that's about it. I found it very interesting for a man who's sold so many cars and he's not a licensed vehicle dealer. Bought a left hand drive Troop carrier off him, only to find out six months later it broke out with rust everywhere. All of the bondo was held in with news paper, it cost Me $8,000 to fix it. And then i found out he was just a window cleaner, that topped it off. He didn't know one end of a wrench from the other. I would estimate he has a 100% mark up on all of his trucks. I would definitely buy it direct next time from the supplier, Somewhere like eBay Australia, Trading post Australia, Car sales.com, Trade Me New Zealand. And if you ever have a problem don't ever expect him to pick up the phone.

"And then I found out he was just a window cleaner"......The Window Cleaning Union of America (AFL-CIO) will probably not make you an honorary member based on that comment.:)
.......1978HJ45

I have a similar story, but I came away with a VERY different attitude. My very first Cruiser was purchased from John, a New Zealand issued FJ40 (dual fuel). I had severe buyer's remorse, and despite the fact that I had driven it from Thomasville, GA to Gainesville, FL (a 3 hr. drive), he took it back, no questions asked, a week later. He had never physically seen it as he lives in Martha's Vinyard but his mom and father in law live in Thomasville, and he imports his vehicles into the Port of Savannah, and his family sometimes handles the sales. They're nice, decent southerners, and John is young and not a wrencher. But dishonest he most assuredly is not.

If you want to buy from a Cruiser expert, John's not your guy, and he'll tell you right off the bat. If you want a middle man who will get you NZ Cruiser to the States, at a reasonable price, he'll be a decent choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom