For Sale FJ40 Mini Truck Power Steering Conversion Parts $250 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm converting to Scout steering.

Lots of info available on the forum about this set up. In a nutshell this is the easy power steering kit, it reuses the push/pull style relay rod and mounts in the same location as your FJ40 box. It is really only good for up to a 33" tire, although I ran it with a 35" for years, I just went through a lot of centerlink assemblies. The upside of this kit is that is provides a really good steering wheel feel, which is why I kept it for so long. With the stock steering wheel I could muscle the tires around in any situation but I still had nice feedback on the road. You still have to deal with the centerlink and all of the additional slop, but if you keep everything high and tight this is a great set up.

Parts I have are Mini Truck box (good box, needs seal and rag joint), lines for Toyota Box to Saginaw style steering pump, relay rod with fresh ends and I'll throw in a drag link with newish ends as well. I may have a good mount for it left, otherwise parts are available on the great and powerful inter webs.

I think all you will need to complete this set up is the afford mentioned rag joint and input seal for the box, pump + bracket + belt and possibly a mount (easy to fab or buy). A new complete kit will run you about $1000. With these parts, you'll be able to complete the kit for +/- $500 in parts. Labor required is minimal.

Parts are located in the Los Angeles Area. 323-547-5823 is my cellular device.

Thanks!!!!

Still for sale! I am willing to ship, I am also going to be taking a work trip that will take me all the way from Los Angeles to Denver via the 15 and 70, then back through 80 through Wyoming and Salt Lake, so you could meet me at any point along that route.

EDIT: Mount not included, it's so firmly welded to the frame that it would be more trouble than it's worth to remove and since it doesn't interfere it'll just live there for the time being. http://www.jtoutfitters.com/power-steering-gearbox-bracket-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-fj45-p-2621.html is an example of the box mount.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Still for sale! I am willing to ship, I am also going to be taking a work trip that will take me all the way from Los Angeles to Denver via the 15 and 70, then back through 80 through Wyoming and Salt Lake, so you could meet me at any point along that route.

EDIT: Mount not included, it's so firmly welded to the frame that it would be more trouble than it's worth to remove and since it doesn't interfere it'll just live there for the time being. http://www.jtoutfitters.com/power-steering-gearbox-bracket-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-fj45-p-2621.html is an example of the box mount.

Let me know if you have any questions.
When are you headed to Denver? I'm interested in the parts and live in Denver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom