Wanted FJ40 power steering heatshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I converted my 1982 to oem factory power steering . Missing heat shield and brackets.

Manual box cover & mounting Brackets. Not bolt on, but can be modified. $80 plus ship.

17043264779826615640647454932064.jpg

Manual covers work. I just did a manual shield on my 1974 FJ40 I retrofitted with a factory power steering box. You can only get two of the four bolts on the power box, but it is sturdy and look good. Let me know if you want a picture.

Last edited:
Manual covers work. I just did a manual shield on my 1974 FJ40 I retrofitted with a factory power steering box. You can only get two of the four bolts on the power box, but it is sturdy and look good. Let me know if you want a picture.
Hi csav86
if you can put some pics , it is deeply appriciated.
Thank You Tufan

Despite only being secured with two bolts it is quite snug. Doesn’t vibrate. I just lined up and picked the holes that matched up with available bolts to mount to. Will take some stubby wrenches and patience to get it all together. I had to install it partially assembled with the lower shield bolt loose because if you install the bracket first then you can’t install the bolt to attach the shield because the box is in the way. Bolt down the bracket to the side plate then tighten the shield bolt (need a stubby or small open ended wrench). Bend the top bracket to line up with the lower passenger side bolt on the top plate.

IMG_8840.jpeg

IMG_8839.jpeg

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8837.jpeg

IMG_8836.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom