Fj40 leaf springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations on finding used leaf springs at local pic a part for 72 fj40? What other vehicle would have compatible springs?

why used? any used springs are most likely going to be in rough shape.
you try posting on a local club site or craigslist
but in all reality you would be best to buy new, along with pins and shackles

I found the most clapped out springs I could for my spring over. They ride great and flex great, and they sit low.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm just going to post this here.
Where can I find 2.5 inch lift springs. No shocks, not shackles, no pins, no bushing.

Alright, I'm just going to post this here.
Where can I find 2.5 inch lift springs. No shocks, not shackles, no pins, no bushing.

you should post up in the classified section, this is the tech section

Obviously new is better but also more money. I want to get back to OEM ride height, wouldn't mind a little softer ride

I am sure you have probably already checked but have you looked at Cruiser Outfitters and what Kurt and his awesome group have to offer? IF I recall they had some light kits which were little easier on the wallet or budget friendly.

I have a set I’d give you. But your location shows Indiana so I’m sure it’s not economical to drive to WA for a free set of springs.

I am sure you have probably already checked but have you looked at Cruiser Outfitters and what Kurt and his awesome group have to offer? IF I recall they had some light kits which were little easier on the wallet or budget friendly.
No I haven't but I will. Thx for the info. I'm new to the fj40 game, trying to save the rusted out old girl

A common and inexpensive fix is to use a Jeep Wrangler add-a-leaf and remove the equivalent leaf in the FJ40 spring pack. It gives a decent ride, a bit of lift, and is cheap. You may need a new leaf spring center pin, but you can purchase or fab one from a bolt. There are numerous threads on Mud for add-a-leafs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom