SOLD FJ40 Full Fiberglass Body, Tub-Firewall-Fenders-Grill & Hood. Rest of the truck comes with it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's a 1978 FJ40. Has a full fiberglass body including fenders, hood, and grill. The tub, firewall and front section is all one piece. The glass is in good shape with no cracks chips or bondo. The rest of the truck is in rough shape but comes with the sale. The frame has some rot. The drivetrain should be in working order as it only got parked when the motor seized. Steel 1/2 doors are rusted around the bottom. I want to sell the truck as is and will not part it out. Located in Windham, NH

$4,500

tempImaged2Qyuu.png

tempImage7BrWPz.png

tempImage1BlkYn.png

tempImagehAAAxZ.png

tempImagecYpliw.png

Non US motor?

As far as I know it's the original 2F motor. I don't know a lot about these to be honest. I think the body, fenders, hood etc. are the most valuable parts on this truck?
That’s a non US air cleaner. And if there are no injection ports on the cylinder head, single pulley harmonic balancer, that would also be telling.

That’s a non US air cleaner. And if there are no injection ports on the cylinder head, single pulley harmonic balancer, that would also be telling.
Clearly you know far more than me about these motors. I don't know what do you mean by injection ports on the cylinder heads, It's a carbureted engine with an intake manafold from what I can see? What am I missing?

On top of the cylinder on the intake/exhaust manifold side would be six plugs. One for each cylinder. On US models there is long pipe with a tube going where the plugs. Air is injected from the air pump know as the smog pump. Other markets that didn't have an air pump the ports were not there.

On top of the cylinder on the intake/exhaust manifold side would be six plugs. One for each cylinder. On US models there is long pipe with a tube going where the plugs. Air is injected from the air pump know as the smog pump. Other markets that didn't have an air pump the ports were not there.
Oh got it, I have seen one of those before. I have a 73 fj40 plow truck that came with one in the spare parts bin. It's never been on the engine and I have plowed with it for years as is. I think I still have it in the parts bin somewhere. So where do you think the truck is from originally?

So where do you think the truck is from originally?

Possibly Europe if the engine is original to the vehicle. Having a heater leaves South and Central America and the Middle East out as possible markets. I show Canada which is close by to you as having a air pump in 78. US would have a model number FJ40LV-KCJA. Canada would be the same except a K instead of an A at the end of the model. This plaque above the heater blower will have the model number at the top.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom