1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FJ40 Dunlop Snow Cruiser 78's

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by Razor, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Razor

Razor

:beer:,
    This tire and wheel came stock on the 1980 FJ40 as a tire upgrade, It was the spare and never got the opportunity to Roll down the road, it just rode along as a covered spare on the mighty FJ40.

I want to find 3 more of em, and go back to the stocker rims and tires w/spare, anyone have some layin around :slap:

I really feel that that was a real stupid question but oh well, you never know...!!
    I have one right ???
    [​IMG]

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    I also have a un-used snow cruiser on the carrier for on my 82 fj40, still has the little nipples :)

I have seen 2 on Ebay this years. I know someone else that is putting together a full set for his 40. So not as stupid as you might think ;)

But honestly, I think for a driver or wheeler you would be better off with a newer radial tire, if it was a TOTAL resto and show/garage queen than I think having the original tires would be cool. I have another un-used Dunlop(not snow cruiser) from the late 60's.

Isn't Snow Cruiser VERY fitting for a Cruiser? :D

3. Razor

Razor

When I took the spare tire cover off my cruiser and found a original snow cruiser tire.................I got to have 3 more.

Kinda bummed me out in a way, cause I was stoked with the wagon wheel, mickey thompson look untill I took off the wheel cover, my cruiser is completely original w/ 89K.....stored in a climate controlled inviro for 12+ years, like new condition and completely original with exeption to the tires and wheels.....

GOT TO HAVE THE snow cruisers 78's now.....sheeeeez !!

4. jccruiser78

jccruiser78

My 78`s spare holder and spare-snow cruiser 78-are listed on ebay now,I dont know to post a link to it.The thing was never used and stored since basicly new.I think its cool that it says snow cruiser 78 on it.Check it out.I do not need it ,since I use 35`s :beer:

5. Razor

Razor

can't find the tire on ebay, copy paste the link into a reply..

thx

6. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

7. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

I have three of them mounted on OEM rims now, I have actually run across quite a few lately. If I see some more, I will drop you a line. I only need three for my trailer... :D

8. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    [quote author=jccruiser78 link=board=1;threadid=9065;start=msg78799#msg78799 date=1072055689]
    My 78`s spare holder and spare-snow cruiser 78-are listed on ebay now,I dont know to post a link to it.The thing was never used and stored since basicly new.I think its cool that it says snow cruiser 78 on it.Check it out.I do not need it ,since I use 35`s :beer:
    [/quote]

never have seen a gold painted wheel......weird!

9. blazingindustrial

blazingindustrial