FJ40 Dakota Digital Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great write up from a mud member who has used both the VHX and HDX units!

If you havent taken a look at these check them out!

Hi,is there a possibility that I will keep my old VX unit and they will send me a metal casing for the HDX unit?Plastic casing is somewhat not heavy duty and I had to update the screws holding the plexi to the plastic casing due separating after putting the original face on the plexi..?Thanks..Mike

Hi,is there a possibility that I will keep my old VX unit and they will send me a metal casing for the HDX unit?Plastic casing is somewhat not heavy duty and I had to update the screws holding the plexi to the plastic casing due separating after putting the original face on the plexi..?Thanks..Mike

Hi, I apologize but I am not visualizing what you are asking. Feel free to message me some picture man of what piece you are referring to.

The whole unit sits in the plastic box case and at the front there is a plexiglass screwed to that case...I have seen somewhere that box case for the new HDX is made out of metal???Basicaly when I wrapped original FJ 40 faceplate around the plexi glass it started separate from the box case because the screws are so little to hold the plexi attached to the box case of the unit...I upgraded the screws for bigger ones and is OK so far but I would prefer metal box case instead of plastic one...Just asking...Thanks

So do I! I putting mine into new harness (spector one) with a 5.3 mated to a 4L60E.

Introducing Gotta be Geared Off Road!

We are a new dealer for Dakota Digital and would like to offer an introductory sale for all IH8MUD members on the FJ40 VHX dash. Please send me a message with what you are interested in and your zip code for pricing and I will respond ASAP. Free shipping in the lower 48!

The new VHX Systems fit directly into the stock instrument bezel (*not included) of a 1962-84 Toyota FJ40 without modification.

Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!

*Fits factory bezel, not included.

View attachment 1069609
View attachment 1069610
View attachment 1069611
View attachment 1069612

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom