FJ40 Dakota Digital Dash (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need an fj62 version. Any suggestions?

Does anyone here know where to download VHX for FJ40 installation guide video please PM me? I am got problem with wiring the lights. Thank you

Dakota cluster arrived today and it looks fantastic and is really good quality...Nice instructions sheet,too.It only took a week...Quite happy with Bryan's service...I am gona read it tonight and slowly start to install it...Will see how it goes...:bounce:I ordered GPS unit and few more other small parts...Looking forward to install it...Mike

Yes what type of changes for a 1976 FJ40 are required as far as wiring from FJ to new Dakota gauges?

Yes what type of changes for a 1976 FJ40 are required as far as wiring from FJ to new Dakota gauges?
If you search Dakota digital cluster ---there is a lot of info in 40s forum...I didn't started yet with install,but it shouldn't be that bad.Sensors are easy(new wire to each) and few other wires to put on park.brake circuit...

Who needs new gauges???

4th of July Celebration!

PM me with what you need for pricing!

Yes, these will work with a Chevy small block. The kits use their own sensors and come with many different threaded adapters to install them into the engine.

I just bought and installed a dakota digital dash and I am having issues connecting my oil pressure sensor. Let me be more specific, I can't find a mechanic who can make this work. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to do this myself. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 1974 1.5 F engine that has just been rebuilt and I keep hearing that is has to be tapped. Not something I am really excited about having done to an engine that has less than 100 miles on her. Again, any knowledge on this would be much appreciated. DK's tech department didn't have a clue and said it should work, but the sizes are not compatible. I will probably try and call them myself and talk to them, but they could not help the shop I had look at it. Thank you guys for your time.

Last edited:
Hi is the issue just that the sensor won't thread into any available ports because the threads are different or are you saying it is all connected and you can't read oil pressure?

Can you pm me pricing if the deal is still good?? Hope it is! Just pulling my 74 in the garage for the winter body off!! Super pumped!! I can't seem to pm from my phone....

Who needs to update their factory gauges with a modern replacement that maintains a classic look!

PM me!

I was finally able to drop mine in place. I can't wait to light it off!

IMG_1292.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom