SOLD FJ40 Complete Wiper Assembly - Bottom Mounted - San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
I have an FJ40 Wiper Assembly from a later model depending on modifications, etc. Everything pictured is part of the sale. I have attempted to photo document and describe everything to the best of my knowledge.

Wiper Motor was degreased, striped, and thoroughly cleaned. The wiring is in good original condition and is. The original connectors (both male & female) were good, so I just cleaned them up as well as all of the contacts, Wiring harness is also original, it even has part of the part number tag still on it, however, I did add new heat shrink over the wires. TRICO Wiper arms are model C 545. Not sure what years these are for exactly.

Wiper motor was tested at both speeds and I will attach videos of those tests.

I am ONLY selling as a complete assembly, but I have put what I would consider conservative (market) prices to show how much this would cost if you were to buy it all separately. My prices (in yellow) are not based on ridiculous eBay prices, but rather prices I have seen on MUD or other reputable sellers.

One (1) Main Wiper Motor Assembly ~ $275
One (1) Original Wiring Harness ~ $45
One (1) New Wiper Motor Gasket ~ $30
One (1) Original Wiper Motor Cover ~ $60
One (1) Original Wiper Motor Cover Gasket ~ $25
One (1) Wiper Arm Linkage Assembly ~ $80
Two (2) TRICO C 545 Wiper Arms ~ $75
Two (2) Wiper Original Nuts ~ $30
Two (2) Wiper New Pivot Nut Dust Covers ~ $25
Two (2) Wiper Original Pivot Nuts ~ $7
Two (2) Wiper Original Pivot Washers ~ $7
Two (2) Wiper Original Packing (rubber ring gaskets) ~ $2

My best reasonable guess-timate is that if you were to hunt down all of these parts (if you can find them) you would be paying well over $600. I have seen these motors alone selling for over $300.

$600 + Shipping

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Last edited:
What a comprehensive package. Well done. I only need the linkage so second in line if you sell it individually.

What a comprehensive package. Well done. I only need the linkage so second in line if you sell it individually.
I have another linkage but one of the brass sleeves is bound up so I need to replace it. Once I get that done, I will reach out to you.

Just seeing this now. Brian, I think those arms and nuts are the pre ‘75 variety. 75 up have a smaller attachment hole, arc in the opposite direction, and use a surface mounted nut, not a recessed one.

I can help you with an arm/ nut swap if need be.😉

Just seeing this now. Brian, I think those arms and nuts are the pre ‘75 variety. 75 up have a smaller attachment hole, arc in the opposite direction, and use a surface mounted nut, not a recessed one.

Thanks Mark, I think I have the other type as well. I will let the buyer know and see if he would like the ones you describe.

Let me know what you got Mark, and thanks for the help.

I am laid up in bed at the shop with a fever of 101. Apparently I picked up a flu bug at the Oceanside summit on Saturday.☹️ Hope nobody else got it.

I intend to go out to the shop later and snap a couple of pics for other people…if/when I’m not so achy.

18 LHD, 4 RHD. All take the surface mount nuts, not recessed.

A4F63E37-DEA4-4C34-B504-22E32AD8F711.jpeg

IIRC, 75-77 take an exposed acorn. 78 up have a plain Jane 6 mm nut hidden under the tin shield.

Maybe these two pairs?
Wipers.jpg

Yes. They have all been on my shelf a LONG time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom