FJ40 body on FJ55 frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may seem pretty strange (and maybe it IS strange) but I'm wondering if anyone ever mounted a stretched FJ40 body on an FJ55 frame. I noticed that the front and rear tracks are identical, so I should only have to stretch the 40 body lengthwise. And since I have to take my 40 over to Appleton to get the sheet metal reskinned, I thought I might as well go for a little more interior room at the same time. Seriously, is this feasible?

I'm assuming (1) I'll need to have the 40 body mounts welded onto the 55 frame, and (2) I'll be able to bring my one of 40 drive trains (2F or 350, plus a 4 speed) over to the 55 frame. Good or bad assumptions?

If it sounds like a poor man's version of an FJ45LV...well, that's what I have in mind.

Marc

Anyone? Anyone?? Buehler???

Yeah, I've seen it and driven it. Unfortunately I didn't build it so I have no idea how it was done. All I can tell you is that it's super sick with the long wheelbase of the 55. My buddy calls it frankenstein. It's basically an extended cab 40 pickup with a 40 bed. I've got pics but my computer sucks balls so I've got to go to Al's to post them.

guys in aus do this, except don't stretch the body, they add a pickup bed behind the "cab" or 40 series body... looks tops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom