For Sale FJ40/45 factory split case Ebrake parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On a related note, the rear output gasket seal on the drum parking brake split transfer case is the same as on the later one-piece transfer cases - 90311-45001.

Last edited:
Same as the "earlier" one-piece cases.

;)

We keep all the seals, gaskets, rebuild kits ...... in stock for early cases and split cases.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
On a related note, the rear output gasket seal on the drum parking brake split transfer case is the same as on the later one-piece transfer cases - 90311-45001.

I know this thread is a couple years old, but didn't see that you sold all. Any chance you still have a rear output retainer left? Thanx

I do have a couple of kits left. Will message you.

Message sent.

Georg,

I have a 4 speed manual trans and split case out of a 60 that I want to use to put into my 40 that I am building. What sort of rebuild kits should I get to get them ready for the install. They were in great working order when pulled from the 60 but I am thinking since they are out i probably should have them gone through.

Thanks for the reply. We’d need to know what year the combo is to make sure you get the proper kits/parts.
Typically, the H41/42/55 transmissions ( an FJ60 would have come with the H42 ) hold up extremely well. We usually see them last for 250k miles before they need any serious work; as long as they’re driven and serviced properly. We do stock the rebuild kits, main shafts, synchro rings and other components to rebuild them.
The split cases usually go 150k miles before they need to be rebuilt. We stock everything to rebuild these as well.

Do you know how many miles are on your combo?
Typically, if we have a combo with unknown mileage, we do a basic inspection on the transmission. That would include removing the drain and fill plugs to check for particles on the magnet as well as removing the top cover to check clearance on the synchro rings. You would also want to look for spline wear on the input gear where the clutch is engaged as well as the pilot stub where it is supported by the pilot bearing.
Once the transfer case has been removed, you would also want to take a good look at the splines on the transmission mainshaft where the transfer case input gear is located.
That will help you make a determination if the transmission should be rebuilt or resealed.
Obviously, time and budget comes into play as well. If you plan on keeping a vehicle for a long time it is not a terrible idea to rebuild both units completely. That way you start with a clean baseline and know what you can expect as far as life expectancy and service intervals are concerned.

Happy to help.

Absolutely!!!

OrionHave a 74 Land Cruiser V8 350 with sm420 I have the plate adapter for Toyota transfer case, dual shifter. I'm looking to get the Orion and do you have one in stock
How do I contact you I'm having trouble figuring out this posting and things.

If you still have these, I’m interested in fitting a split case (have 2, one that came out of an 89, the other of unknown vintage) on my 5.7L + 4l60e powered 40. (Has the 3 speed case right now.)

could be interested in going NV4500 5-speed if that makes it easier.

Have 4 whee discs in the 40, so kinda need a parking brake on the xfer case.

The only draw-back to automatics in 40s is the length. The manuals allow you to run a longercrear drive shaft.

Are these still available?

Got any 38mm split cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom