FJ40/45 Body Parts NEW. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you offshore all the manufacturing and have a bubble in value someone will capitalize. What's the metallurgy? Scrap metal mash-up or? Let's see some samples.

I don't know my Jeeps but is this an LJ or a CJ6/8?

No reason they couldn't make a 43 tub. Now if they made a DOT approved frame...

I can't imagine they'd do worse than the SA parts - the QC on the front doors is...interesting. My driver's door was passable albeit fairly racked and needed a fair bit of bending...the pax door needed a bit of deconstruction/reconstruction to remove some banana'ing, the mirror and door handle holes were both punched crooked, and it had this fine example of welding at the door latch. I think Ray Charles was welding with his feet. 🤔 😆

door.jpg

If you offshore all the manufacturing and have a bubble in value someone will capitalize. What's the metallurgy? Scrap metal mash-up or? Let's see some samples.
I am totally against anything the PRC makes. I buy Japanese or American whenever I can. But, If you're working on a crusty 40 and you need some panels, these would likely be better than nothing. "Scrap metal mashup" can be tailored to produce quality alloy that is just as good as it would be using virgin materials. My question to you is, if you knew the material type or even just is physical properties, Sut, Sy, Se, etc. How would you make a comparison? Do you have the OE material specifications for 40 series panels? My point is, if they fit well and are reasonably priced, there really isn't much of a difference between a steel with a Sy= 60ksi vs one with Sy=75ksi.

I am totally against anything the PRC makes. I buy Japanese or American whenever I can. But, If you're working on a crusty 40 and you need some panels, these would likely be better than nothing. "Scrap metal mashup" can be tailored to produce quality alloy that is just as good as it would be using virgin materials. My question to you is, if you knew the material type or even just is physical properties, Sut, Sy, Se, etc. How would you make a comparison? Do you have the OE material specifications for 40 series panels? My point is, if they fit well and are reasonably priced, there really isn't much of a difference between a steel with a Sy= 60ksi vs one with Sy=75ksi.

Huh? God no. I barely passed high school...maybe. But I do remember people smarter than me making a point about steel tariffs and trade restrictions levied on Japan (and others) during the gas crises of the 1970s that supposedly resulted in Toyota's use of poor quality (russian) steel in the later 40s. True? I don't know. I don't have the brain power to googlesearch that out or piece it all together if I did.

But later 40s do rust more easily than earlier years and it doesn't "seem" to be directly related to a reduction in the gauge of metal used. I guess substandard (?) replacement panels are good for the hardcore crowd or the example you give, but they don't really help preserve relics or give the guy who just wants to drive and work on a 40 (and isn't rich) a reason to invest in his/hers. Fighting fit and finish only to have the efforts dissolve away after a couple of winters can be tough. Those owners might as well sell off to the guy that just needs a different coffee table for his clubhouse this week and hope they can purchase in at a later date. Has anyone here not largely been disappointed with cheap versions of quality products? (Rhetorical.)

I have nothing against the Chinese people. They're as smart and hardworking as anyone. I've had a number of friends and family members who've lived in China for long periods of time and their reports were generally favorable despite the cultural idiosyncrasies. Well, and the politics. My point was:

We demand cheap. Thay make cheap. I'd prefer not to buy cheap.

I think this company will end up dominating the FJ reproduction parts business. They are obviously very serious and the products look very nice.

Attachments

• land cruiser catalog from juncheng.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 313

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom