Fj 60 frame off restoration just about done—pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I always like to add a factory accessory to my builds —just in from Australia—I’m going to see if I can make this puppy work out

92630F9C-D842-4823-BED8-FDA4A0C1BE2B.jpeg

Man that was easy !
The inclinometer looks great in the dash !
Zero dash mods —

when I did a couple fj40’s I sourced complete factory pto winch set ups —twice!!—and got it all working —for that cool factory accessory

67342225-C3A4-48C7-B806-44F22C7941EC.jpeg

C7356B73-21DE-4B29-B4A6-272776A8BB8D.jpeg

36B98E42-4716-4542-9F77-CF9713486BA1.jpeg

I've got an inclinometer to install in mine also. Was there any trick to the wiring?

super simple wiring
On the back of the inclinometer :
Red= constant B+
blue=switched B+
black= ground
2 green= illumination

I ran extra wires down from stereo circuit for inclinometer—there are a couplewires close to grab illumination from

super simple wiring
On the back of the inclinometer :
Red= constant B+
blue=switched B+
black= ground
2 green= illumination

I ran extra wires down from stereo circuit for inclinometer—there are a couplewires close to grab illumination from

the accuracy of mine was off slightly—even the fine tune knob was not enough—so before install I took it apart and had to turn the display done by hand to get it in the cross hairs —again simple process to handle

Beautiful truck. Love those top down pics with the body off. Frame that.
Thanks one of my favorite pictures also. You usually see that shot/angle done with a hot rod — never one of these

This is beautiful! What's your plan for it? Daily Driver? Lock it in a safe? Or for sale?

This is beautiful! What's your plan for it? Daily Driver? Lock it in a safe? Or for sale?
My enjoyment with these projects is the journey. They are a life size model for me . I grew up building plastic car models—once that plastic model was finished I couldn’t wait to start on the next one . It’s kind of the same thing —now I’m building life sized models !—and love it . Torn on what to do with it now that it’s nearing completion. I do regret selling my fj40’s that I fully restored—and I am really digging this Fj60!! I can’t wait to drive it to Santa Cruz a few times first.

Last edited:
My enjoyment with these projects is the journey. They are a life size model for me . I grew up building plastic car models—once that plastic model was finished I couldn’t wait to start on the next one . It’s kind of the same thing —now I’m building life sized models !—and love it .
Will sell to fund the next project. I do regret selling my fj40’s that I fully restored—and I am really digging this Fj60!! I can’t wait to drive it to Santa Cruz a few times first.
After building 4 fj40’s
I had to switch it up.
This is much more refined machine !—with the air conditioning and plush interior —but with its red exterior it really does have that cool vintage look when you get it out amongst all the modern garbage on the road today

Do you happen to have a part number for the inclinometer? Thanks in advance for the help and great looking truck!

My enjoyment with these projects is the journey. They are a life size model for me . I grew up building plastic car models—once that plastic model was finished I couldn’t wait to start on the next one . It’s kind of the same thing —now I’m building life sized models !—and love it . Torn on what to do with it now that it’s nearing completion. I do regret selling my fj40’s that I fully restored—and I am really digging this Fj60!! I can’t wait to drive it to Santa Cruz a few times first.
Nice!

Do you happen to have a part number for the inclinometer? Thanks in advance for the help and great looking truck!
Sorry I don’t have the part number —I sourced mine off eBay. There are usually a couple for sale on there —I have noticed that there are not as many forsale as their used to be, and the price as just about doubled from a couple years ago

Sorry I don’t have the part number —I sourced mine off eBay. There are usually a couple for sale on there —I have noticed that there are not as many forsale as their used to be, and the price as just about doubled from a couple years ago
Got it! Thank you for the information. I’m assuming any one from a mid eighties 4Runner will work. Is this correct?

Thanks again for the help.

cheers, James

Where do you get your plating done?

Got it! Thank you for the information. I’m assuming any one from a mid eighties 4Runner will work. Is this correct?

Thanks again for the help.

cheers, James
Inclinometer must be from a Fj60 or fj62 NOT a 4Runner

Where do you get your plating done?
I use a plating shop in Santa Clara California, but they are a production shop that do computer parts for the tech industry. They were a little reluctant to take my job on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom