Fixed top swb list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red sticker? 😝 Love ‘em. That 45 SWB FT t-shirt (I think) picture that Treeroot had years ago would be cool to have available. It’s the picture in the vehicle classifieds section that shows up when no picture is provided by seller.

I thought those firewall plates were in place at the factory, and the brass tags were a dealer add-on at time of sale? Who knows I guess, esp. given Hunter3Dan’s being a ‘64 model, yet it’s an earlier vin than your ‘62’s. My ‘63 says it’s a ‘63 both in vin and model #.

🤷‍♂️

More noise 😂. Just went through the first thread in this list and never paid attention to this post in it:
I have the lowest frame number I've heard of until this one. Mine is 2FJ45-13057, so just under 1700 older than mine. Mine has doors with regulators, but I have seen a '63 45 SWB and a '63 40 with the slide up window hard doors. Both had "3" series frame numbers. I have often wondered if they ran RHD trucks along side LHD on the assembly line. Especially since the frames are marked with the number pre-assembly, a guess on my part.

Mine is 10 units earlier, but is 3-FJ45-13048, model 1963, and LHD vs. RHD. The drive side/country might be a discriminator.

More noise 😂. Just went through the first thread in this list and never paid attention to this post in it:

Mine is 10 units earlier, but is 3-FJ45-13048, model 1963, and LHD vs. RHD. The drive side/country might be a discriminator.
i also thought that 12*** at the beginning designated 62 where all 63 trucks seem to start 13***. to bad theres not more record as my 12016 has an earlier engine number than 12013. the bad part is its not that long ago as far as record keeping but guess just not a important thing at that time period.

Before 1968, different states had different rules regarding The dates on titles.
Some use the manufacturing year, others used the first sale date.
I don't know how dealers accommodated those changes - it must have been strange.

I bought my 63, 13034, in 1970, and visited the dealership where it was first sold in western Colorado. Kings Toyota, Montrose.
The owner remembered that it took a long time to sell the trucks because nobody had seen a Land Cruiser, and there was still anti Japanese sentiment in 63.

He did verify that they never removed any plates from the firewall. Colorado did the "year of First sale" thing.

I always wondered who put the brass tag on, because I've seen plenty on this site but I didn't have one.

Last edited:
@Searcher356 your rig needs to be added to the list (@Gumby). Do you have a build thread and/or thread with pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom