Fitment question: +20 vs 0 offset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JcrewLC

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at the wheel specs below.

18x9.5 +20 offset or
18x9.5 0 offset

Basically the same wheel that comes in 2 offset options. Will be paired with 285/70/18

I know the 0 offset is very aggressive. And the sweet spot is +25.

For the experts or have experience, will the +20 avoid a bmc and fender liner trim? Will it require extended bump stops too?

Thanks

18x9.5 +20 offset or
18x9.5 0 offset

Basically the same wheel that comes in 2 offset options. Will be paired with 285/70/18

For the experts or have experience, will the +20 avoid a bmc and fender liner trim? Will it require extended bump stops too?

Thanks
Lx570 or lc200?

I would guess a 20 would reduce necessity of bump stops as you’d be more likely to be able to tuck the tire fully into the fender wells.

I’ve got 15 offset but an effective 266 width (and 34.5” height) to your 285…and it tucks in the front fender wells (probably rear too). Going to 20 offset, I’d gain 2.5mm and be able to run a 271 width…roll the fenders and you, conservatively, gain another 5mm of space which means an extra 10mm of tire width….to get you to 281. Plus your tire would only be 33.7” tall…

You might be able to run the 285 70 r18 with 20 offset without even having to roll the fenders…but I’d say it’s worth a shot either way-rolling fenders, if you needed to, only requires a $45 tool.

I don’t have experience with a 33.7” tire on 0 offset though if you search the forums for 285 75 r17 on zero offset, you might find the answer to your question on that. That tire is pretty close to the one you’re considering.

Last edited:
The specs on the wheels you mention are the same as the Volk TE37XT. I have not seen any fitments with +20mm offset for the Volks (hard to get) but there are a few here running the 18x9.5 0 offset version. @Propernice looks to be running 295/70R18s with BMC required and there is a set in the classifieds from @Jeriel Guerrero who mentions running 275/70R18s.

Also take a look at this thread 0 offset on 34s+

Lx570 or lc200?

I would guess a 20 would reduce necessity of bump stops as you’d be more likely to be able to tuck the tire fully into the fender wells.

I’ve got 15 offset but an effective 266 width (and 34.5” height) to your 285…and it tucks in the front fender wells (probably rear too). Going to 20 offset, I’d gain 2.5mm and be able to run a 271 width…roll the fenders and you, conservatively, gain another 5mm of space which means an extra 10mm of tire width….to get you to 281. Plus your tire would only be 33.7” tall…

You might be able to run the 285 70 r18 with 20 offset without even having to roll the fenders…but I’d say it’s worth a shot either way-rolling fenders, if you needed to, only requires a $45 tool.

I don’t have experience with a 33.7” tire on 0 offset though if you search the forums for 285 75 r17 on zero offset, you might find the answer to your question on that. That tire is pretty close to the one you’re considering.
Lc200

The specs on the wheels you mention are the same as the Volk TE37XT. I have not seen any fitments with +20mm offset for the Volks (hard to get) but there are a few here running the 18x9.5 0 offset version. @Propernice looks to be running 295/70R18s with BMC required and there is a set in the classifieds from @Jeriel Guerrero who mentions running 275/70R18s.

Also take a look at this thread 0 offset on 34s+
Yes volks. Found a +20 set.

I run 18x9 with a +25 offset. 285/70 Nitto RG's. OME lift. Slight kiss to the KDSS when fully cranked. Minimal fender rub. I'm guessing the +20 offset wouldn't be much different. Maybe a little play with alignment.

Of those two go with the +20mm and this is coming from a guy who is running a 0mm offset.

I'll add that fitment is more than just clearance from components and fenders. As offset effects suspension geometries for steering, stability, and traction, going too aggressive is going to have impacts to drivability.

I'll add that fitment is more than just clearance from components and fenders. As offset effects suspension geometries for steering, stability, and traction, going too aggressive is going to have impacts to drivability.
I’m guessing +20 is your recommendation. Would I still need a bmc and trimming?

I’m guessing +20 is your recommendation. Would I still need a bmc and trimming?

Others make it work, but IMO it's already in the spectrum of pretty aggressive. It'll depend on tires size whether there's a need for BMC at +20.

285/70/18

This is a great thread that'll walk through more specifics for a very similar fitment. For a 285/75R17 at +25 offset, but the overall dimensions are spitting distance to your proposed fitment.

18x9.5 +20 offset or
18x9.5 0 offset

Thanks
Here's a handy online tool for offset and tire size comparisons. Wheel Offset Calculator - https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Just got these mounted.. 18x9.5 +0 and 275/70 Wildpeaks
E9484A2C-C280-400A-BFC7-8F7F10FDB65E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom