First Time Cruiser Owner - 1987 HJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

After years of admiration, and months of searching, I became a proud 60 series owner last weekend. Imported from Spain in 2022, she has 313K km on the clock and was repainted in "Porche Olive." Powered by the wondrous 4.0-Liter 2H Diesel Inline-Six. Work included a repaint , reupholstering the seats in houndstooth cloth/leather, installing custom dashboard upholstery, heating elements in the front seats, and a VDO stereo head unit.

We are entertaining the names "Olive" or "The Spaniard", and I plan to use her as my daily driver.

I have only been on this forum for a few days now, but the depth of knowledge and willingness to help I have seen, make me proud to join this elite club.

IMG_5072.jpeg
IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5915-37687.jpeg

IMG_5922-37723.jpeg

IMG_5069.jpeg

Welcome to the club. Curious where you found it. I'm currently restoring my '86 FJ60 in Texas that I've owned for 25 years and shipping her over to Germany.
Kind of a flip of what you've done. :)

Welcome to the club. Curious where you found it. I'm currently restoring my '86 FJ60 in Texas that I've owned for 25 years and shipping her over to Germany.
Kind of a flip of what you've done. :)
She was on Bring a Trailer. All the restoration work was done in Spain before the import.

I watched this on BAT last week. 'tis a copy of my HJ60 down to color prior to repaint. Mine was brought over from Germany, but was in the saddest of shapes. I'm in my 4th year restoring it, actually coming up on 5 years now. I say she's gonna treat you just right.
Congrats!

I watched this on BAT last week. 'tis a copy of my HJ60 down to color prior to repaint. Mine was brought over from Germany, but was in the saddest of shapes. I'm in my 4th year restoring it, actually coming up on 5 years now. I say she's gonna treat you just right.
Congrats!
I found an HJ here in Germany not too far away...listed for 26K euros. Opted to restore my FJ in Texas and ship it over here.

I bought that same 24v radio for my HJ61 but haven't installed it yet! How does it sound?

Sweet ride! And thanks for the money-shot of the engine bay! I never grow tired of 2H photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom