First mods??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK here's what I'm thinking....

F&R bumpers - custom build or are there aftermarket available worth my time? I thought the "brush guards" I'd seen b4 buying my LC were cool. 5 minutes on this site taught me better.

safari basket vs full roll cage? if the later, custom build or aftermarket?

Oil? I'm using Mobil 1 full synthetic. Is there anything better?

Pads/rotors - is this a 12/24 month replacement or are there aftermarket available that last longer and work better?

THANKS!!!

Here's one thread -- there are others. Start searching...better yet, read all the threads in the 80s tech forum, starting with the first earliest one and don't stop until you reach this one again...then read the rest...seriously...there's some good threads covering all of this.

My advice is as follows:
Front bumper -- Slee front or ARB front bumper.
Rear bumper -- Slee, Hanna, or 4x4Labs.
Slider -- Slee or Hanna
Full Roll Cage? WTF -- keep at least 3 wheels on the ground...full roll cage... :rolleyes:
Roof rack -- Outback (from Slee), Tradesman (from Man-a-fre), Hannibal (from wherever you can find it), Inti (if they ever make it to the USA from VZLA).
Mobil 1 -- Many people use it. Good stuff. Search for oil threads if you're a real oil geek.
Pads/rotors -- I like to stick with OEM (Toyota) pads and rotors. Get them from CruiserDan (you'll find his contact info in the vendors section).

What? No lift? No bigger tires? Aux gas tank? Snorkel?

AU Kruzr said:
OK here's what I'm thinking....

safari basket vs full roll cage? if the later, custom build or aftermarket THANKS!!!
NorCalDoug said:
Full Roll Cage? WTF -- keep at least 3 wheels on the ground...full roll cage... :rolleyes:
:D Here exclusively 80-s roll cage pic for newbie :D

Last edited:
Hey, you in Auburn? We are doing sliders on Saturday. Join us, and we will do yours too... maybe not this weekend but soon enough!

PM me for details...

Oh yeah, and your first mod is actually not a mod to your truck... it's a membership to TLCA

Land Speeder said:
Hey, you in Auburn? We are doing sliders on Saturday. Join us, and we will do yours too... maybe not this weekend but soon enough!

PM me for details...

Hey Eric,
Keep me posted, cant make it but send me pics / costing if who ever is fabbing them is interested in more.

informationjunky said:
Hey Eric,
Keep me posted, cant make it but send me pics / costing if who ever is fabbing them is interested in more.

Will do.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with NorCalDoug.....he's right on target! The only things he left out Land Speeder and OZCAL addressed (TLCA membership and the star). Get that stuff squared away and "come on back now...ya hear?" ;)

I'd add another rear bumper choice - Kaymar, however, since you're talking roll cage, it's probably not stout enough for you. Doug is right on with the choices.

Before embarking on any mods, make sure you are good mechanically, and mainteance wise, such as baselining all fluids, front axle service, brakes-- things like that. I would hate to spend $700 on an ARB bumper and all suden you have to drop $1000 on a major maintenance item. After you have everything done, then its time to play around with the mods. just my .02 cents

Also stick with OEM parts as much as possible, there is a reason why these rigs last 250k miles plus, due to the quality of oem parts. Contact (Cruiser Dan do a search under his name) for all your OEM parts needs.

Well said Biff.
best advice he received yet

Biff wins the prize for best advice by far....

I'm not a great mechanic by any means so I'll be on hear begging for help when I do hit a snag.

THANKS!!!!!!

AU Kruzr said:
so I'll be on hear begging for help ...

Are you a graduate of Auburn University?

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom