first hard question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am installing an open diff from Randy's (do not use) Ring and Pinion. He has sent me 2 Detroit TrueTrac limited slips over the past months and neither would work for the 3rd gens. My options were an ARB or open diff. and $ flow looks low. I decided to go with an open differential. Installing the diff is easy, but overtime I have mixed up some parts dealing with ADD (my A.D.D. is messing with my ADD)
I know it is new here, but does anyone have a diagram for the hi pinion front diff in 3rd gen 4Runners. Just want to know which direction the inner slide goes on?

well, then...bitch slap as needed...hehehe :flipoff2:

BTW: are you looking for which side the slide collar locates? IIRC, it's on the diff-side....

he took his.... well this guy took apart his diff (front) and now he is puttin back together and doesnt know where the two big snap rings go or which direction that inner slid goes (works the add, only on one side but can go on either way??)

yeah, the sleeve can install either way

check each end of it...one end should be straight cut, the other end should have a bevel to help it engage with the otherside....very similar to how the nosecone of a FJ40 t-case works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom