Builds Finally!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice job getting it back on the road but not attempting to hot rod it in the mean time.

You should definitely get the grey paint scanned locally so it can be turned into a spray can/color code. Then the wheel gray color shade can be finally answered. Any specialty shop that mixes paint into cans can scan it.
I’d like to try and get it as close as I can to how Mr Toyota intended.

I should get the paint scanned! I’ll add it to the list lol

One step forward one step back. I fixed the brake master cylinder leak, but now it’s leaking out of the driver side rear brake cylinder. And now as I am rebuilding the front steering arm bracket, I see I have a radiator leak! At least I am seeing these in the garage and not failing on the road/trail.

I think cowboy just wants to drive and be driven. I had found the 2 leaks (break and radiator) so I put him in the garage and started looking into problems and possible fixes and parts. Then about a week or so ago I had a hankering to drive him. I hadn’t fixed the problems yet. So I filled up the fluids, drove him around, and put him back in the garage. And he hasn’t leaked since….. I’m still scratching my head.. guy just wants to be on the road…

New toys from Toyota. I’ve just installed my gear reduction starter. I ordered it off of a 86 Land Cruiser. It goes in no problem! But I have an extra connector..? The previous one (a Napa power supreme) worked pretty good without it and ok when I found where it went. So I’m not terribly worried. Just curious. I also have a new radiator from Toyota. My old one is slowly deconstructing itself. That’s the next task.

459EFB4F-6D32-46DC-AC7F-174843FD29F7.jpeg

E13CE6F8-DF01-490A-8255-784639D269DA.jpeg

31564F06-13BE-48DA-B311-54FC5D2C708D.jpeg

2A348E8A-0E62-4925-BD11-9348F510E7F2.jpeg

Found it! That spare wire comes from the ignition coil. Us only. The 86 fj60 I got the new starter under doesn’t have that connection. It ended by 83

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the radiator! I bled the old one with its butterfly style relief valve. Then took it out. It was pretty heavy compared to the new one. While it was out I painted up the radiator support. Then I put the relief valve that Toyota gave me in the new one and installed it. Looks great.

Now that the battery is charged, I need to fill the new coolant and give her a test start/drive.

8911F8FA-9FB4-442F-891F-0DEF9291B097.jpeg

5F06743E-94BE-437A-9A1A-4FF6B8D53532.jpeg

With the help of a friend and a new ignition cable from @ToyotaMatt my cruiser is starting like it’s a new car!!

My friend and I spent an afternoon checking wires and power to all of the ignition and charging systems. We tracked it down to the ignition cable that looked to have been replaced with an aftermarket at some point. I got my new oem one from the skunk works and it’s starting amazing. Not lagging or low on power, no delay!! I’ll be checking it threw out the week and test driving it to check the charge, but I think I finally weeded out the draw! (It’s been all hooked up besides the ignition cable and it’s kept the charge!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom