Finally My first Landcruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s the worst of it, all the typical 60 rust but not to bad. Nothing I’m going to worry about since I’ll be trailing it in the mountains with the family. Otherwise in good shape, soon I’ll start digging into the engine swap.

D66F42B4-57A2-47EE-96B7-F422F40F7867.jpeg

FAE89949-0E80-4940-A29C-0BF603E63869.jpeg

5F62CEC7-1A07-4A92-A5AD-5A9DB10B4A43.jpeg

504B41ED-0A34-44CD-BD55-E7BBB9C5F27D.jpeg

0E0749BB-FDCC-4353-80E4-852ECB70CB1A.jpeg

That'll be fun!! I'm up near Denver....are you involved with the Clubs around? I need to get more involved!

That'll be fun!! I'm up near Denver....are you involved with the Clubs around? I need to get more involved!

I probably should be as well, maybe one day when I have more time I’ll get out and meet more people lol theres a landcruiser show called brewsin for a cruisin that I check out but the last couple times has been kinda boring.

Update: My wife and I did a quick compression check today on the donor 2F to get an idea on the health. At some point the engine has been out and touched because it’s now blue. All the cylinders were 120 except #6, it was about 70... I’ll do a leak down test on that cylinder to get a better idea of my options for this engine.

57290A8C-2075-4575-AB50-62B8E05E8DA4.jpeg

Update: I finally did the leak down test on #6 today. There was a 60% loss, that could be felt through the intake manifold. There was some coming out the oil cap, but that doesn’t concern me as much as air escaping past the intake valve. I think my next step is do a complete leak down test on the engine that is knocking in the 60 and if I have reasonable numbers, I’ll just swap heads. Otherwise I’ll pull the head and inspect it and plan on a valve job at worst, or just a simple cleanup.

Little update; Life is crazy busy right now but it’s given me time to think about the overall project and what I want out of it. Overall I want something I can hop in with the family and hit the highway and some gnarly trails. Since the 60 isn’t perfect and the engine is toast I figured it’s a good candidate for a 5.3 conversion and SOA because I’m a sucker for leafsprings and I need something with good parts availability and that has good power and fuel economy.

I sold both 2Fs and started prepping for removal of the blown up engine and look at this mint radiator!
A844908E-F0CB-41AE-8964-9C1F64C803CA.jpeg

CEBD45F3-5DF5-45CD-94D9-7D00D4E0F70A.jpeg

Little update; Life is crazy busy right now but it’s given me time to think about the overall project and what I want out of it. Overall I want something I can hop in with the family and hit the highway and some gnarly trails. Since the 60 isn’t perfect and the engine is toast I figured it’s a good candidate for a 5.3 conversion and SOA because I’m a sucker for leafsprings and I need something with good parts availability and that has good power and fuel economy.

I sold both 2Fs and started prepping for removal of the blown up engine and look at this mint radiator! View attachment 2713259

You won’t regret the 5.3 in them there mountains. 2f at high altitude, with steep climbs are a drag
Yeah definitely a lot of right lane cruising. I’m all for 2F’s, I love them and I also know that parts aren’t just on the shelf and if I’m on a trip with my family I dont want to be stuck because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom