Got my first fj60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey what’s up mud , I just picked up my 1st fj60 1987 with a locked up 2f with no oil showing on the dip stick I decided to drop the oil pan and found that the #3 rod bearing had spun manage to pull the bearing off the rod journal and inspected the crank looks like it’s going to need to be a machined so I decided to remove the engine and I’m going to do a complete rebuild got a couple of questions for the 2f gurus on here

1 anybody got any recommendations on a good machine shop that deals with 2f engines in the Los Angeles area ?
2 what’s a good place to find engine parts every place that I’ve been looking at says Parts not available

IMG_3923.jpeg

hey what’s up mud , I just picked up my 1st fj60 1987 with a locked up 2f with no oil showing on the dip stick I decided to drop the oil pan and found that the #3 rod bearing had spun manage to pull the bearing off the rod journal and inspected the crank looks like it’s going to need to be a machined so I decided to remove the engine and I’m going to do a complete rebuild got a couple of questions for the 2f gurus on here

1 anybody got any recommendations on a good machine shop that deals with 2f engines in the Los Angeles area ?
2 what’s a good place to find engine parts every place that I’ve been looking at says Parts not available

View attachment 3364193
Welcome to the club :flipoff2: (official greeting).

I can’t advise on a shop, but I can recommend Valley Hybrids and Cruiser Outfitters for parts. Both are vendors here and excellent.

Good luck!

Welcome to the club :flipoff2: (official greeting).

I can’t advise on a shop, but I can recommend Valley Hybrids and Cruiser Outfitters for parts. Both are vendors here and excellent.

Good luck!
Sweet thank you sir

Sweet thank you sir
Glad to help.

I've bought from both vendors, and both are excellent. Let them know what you need and they will either track it down for you (if it's not in stock), or point you in the right direction.

Ah man. Was this the dark blue one that’s rust free but had some clear coat fade? Really good truck. Wish it was on my side of the country. I’d have bought it

Ah man. Was this the dark blue one that’s rust free but had some clear coat fade? Really good truck. Wish it was on my side of the country. I’d have bought it
No this one is gray. I will post some pics when I get home today

Yep. That's the one. Good buy IMO.

OK folks got some updates, tore the engine block down inspected all six holes, and found that all six of them are past Toyota specifications and rod journals three and four are wasted also during the teardown, I ended up snapping two of the air rail fittings ******* gorilla put them things on.
Now to the good news ended up finding a machine shop local to me it’s called l and r Engine’s talk to Mr. Larkin over there, and he seemed very knowledgeable on the 2F engine platform also found a company called itm which has Pistons and bearings plan is to drop the engine block, crankshaft cylinder head camshaft intake, and exhaust manifolds over to the machine shop this week

Lookin' good. Always a good time to:flipoff2:!

Looks like you're in so cal. Mark @65swb45 is the man for you on a 60. Also that is one hashed bearing.
Hey brother, do you know how to get a hold of Mr. Mark I went to his website, called the number and it’s saying it’s no longer in service

818-953-9230. May also want to try to PM here. Important to leave a message and let him know what you need, he'll ring back if he can assist.

Getting right into it, impressed!
Yah that’s the number I have been calling maybe he’s on vacation or something

OK guys I got some updates, finally got the call from the machine shop saying that they have had a roadblock. My block needs to be bored 30 over and they can’t seem to find any pistons that size. They also can’t find rod and main bearings .10 under and they also need cam bearings and a cam gear

Does anybody have any leads where I can find these parts at? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom