Finally, I have a shop... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking like someone cares buddy!

Making progress, one thing I need to address quickly is ventilation, anytime working on the ceiling makes it painfully aware to me as I lose weight in Jerryā€™s CrossFit Garage (sorry @NCFJ you are my predecessor) via dehydration. I got the airlines run and terminated at the regulators/manifolds mounted to the brackets I installed before the insulation. I came up short for a couple elbows (really only 1) so I ordered more to make a specific drop for the sandblast cabinet.

I also got the electric and air drop reels installed, also bought some interior sheathing to the end walls and clean it up a bit. All in all, Iā€™ll have air and power on every wall and from above...:cool:

7D694EEF-2276-4EBB-BD1D-8ED040259D68.jpeg
89B1CCD2-9762-4933-AC86-42A9BBEC1D1A.jpeg
94A67409-202C-4E36-9535-B7313B2DF0D5.jpeg
909BC592-9B12-47C0-B67E-261525E452C4.jpeg

Looking like a shop!!

Looks great! Now about that 6x series ????

Looks great! Now about that 6x series ????
Gotta get organized first, the frustration of needing the right tool when everything is boxed/spread out, I canā€™t keep my head straight. Part of the challenge of my condition is the value of organization and task lists to avoid distractions and losing my path. Someday Iā€™ll finish the suspension upgrade and knuckle rebuild...:bang:

Gotta get organized first, the frustration of needing the right tool when everything is boxed/spread out, I canā€™t keep my head straight. Part of the challenge of my condition is the value of organization and task lists to avoid distractions and losing my path. Someday Iā€™ll finish the suspension upgrade and knuckle rebuild...:bang:
Looks good. Its come a long way.

Got some of the sheathing up. Took the time to undo some electrical/air lines to make it easier to get the plywood where I wanted. Now, for reason number 11 why these quonset hut, metal buildings suck, cutting the small pieces on the end walls to close it in...:rolleyes:

03BEC23E-2F6D-48F0-BB0C-F95304D90088.jpeg
EA13C3D6-EBB4-427F-9E0A-6A87DA522987.jpeg

This is awesome Jerry! Love the space you're going to have.

Made some more progress getting some air circulation going, installing 2 vent fans, 15ā€ on rear, 10ā€ on front, both on thermostats, front on variac to be able to adjust speed on that one. Finished sheathing the rear wall, got most of front done but for the space over the garage door. And, of course, I canā€™t have a shop without entertainment, installed my old garage TV, extended WiFi to shop/pond and AppleTv to keep me from going crazy.

Getting closer...
23FFB8ED-233B-45E4-A2B8-89C6264D47ED.jpeg
6C1C8DCC-5F1D-4742-8044-4B1D9E1197C2.jpeg
C759520C-BE4D-4C58-BE3E-5709BACBCB6E.jpeg

I finished buttoning up the air lines to get the compressor fully on-line. I found one leak in a manifold so I had to break that one down and tighten the connection. I pressurized slowly to 50 psi to check for leaks, no drop after 3 hours so I ran it up to 100 psi. So happy to achieve this step in the shop. Finally...:cool:
Video link, hope it works...

I ponied up for these push button connectors that are rated 70 cfm, on each manifold regulated from compressor, as well as hose drop reel, and a regulator/filter to adjust/fine tune pressure lower than compressor (currently set at 100 psi) at each, other than the back wall. I added an additional T to add a future air dryer for the media blast cabinet and/or paint.

Still need to spend time at hardware store getting proper fittings for the tools/hoses and figure out how Iā€™m going lay out the inside. Shelves, cabinets, last step...
D8DF0170-1937-40A4-B377-1838C7703E02.jpeg
618AD365-7333-4B63-826B-DDBCC0BBD195.jpeg
21B563A6-48EF-4FA7-9351-EAA2076956EA.jpeg
A618D591-96EF-4EAA-B6DF-9E77C519EBF3.jpeg

Great set up Jerry!

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love the air setup. I do mine and itā€™s the smaller piping. Hindsight, right!?!?

One thing I shouldā€™ve added and still might is a drop on the outside wall. I currently just shut the garage door on the air hose but having a quick connect outside would be nice.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love the air setup. I do mine and itā€™s the smaller piping. Hindsight, right!?!?

One thing I shouldā€™ve added and still might is a drop on the outside wall. I currently just shut the garage door on the air hose but having a quick connect outside would be nice.
Did think about it, however, Iā€™ll opt as you and just pinch the hose...

Impressive!

Thanks David, I make sure to take pictures giving the best impressions :grinpimp:

I had a woodworking shop in Archdale, 2500 sq ft filled with the best woodworking machines I could afford. I spent a ton of $'s on lighting, dust collection and electrical to make the work go smoothly and without interruption. I realize the planning it takes to make a shop and yours is a shop I would covet! I hope to see it in person one day.

I had a woodworking shop in Archdale, 2500 sq ft filled with the best woodworking machines I could afford. I spent a ton of $'s on lighting, dust collection and electrical to make the work go smoothly and without interruption. I realize the planning it takes to make a shop and yours is a shop I would covet! I hope to see it in person one day.
Anytime, Iā€™m close to UNC Hospital if you ever need to kill some time...

To bad I didn't know that in June, my wife had a heart procedure at UNC hospital.

Thankful for @S4Cruiser and @little_joe for offering to spend their Sunday morning getting my 60 off jackstands and into the shop, big step for this little tin shack as I received it when I bought this place 18 months ago. Iā€™m still playing with layout, in doing so, I made a fairly significant investment in a mobile storage system (in other words, giant fā€™n tool box) so that I can have the flexibility to work on things/move based on itā€™s size/shape/dimensions. Once I move to organizing my container, I plan on storing bulky tools/equipment there, still mentally masturbating all of that, actually working in the space will bring clarity I imagine.

Jon and Joe buttoned up the passenger hub (my loss in dexterity/skill could not manage the snap ring install) so they could put the tires back on it, giving that great stance (OME ā€œstockā€ vs ā€˜83 OEM) what does @4LowandSlow call it...Southern Stanzā€™D?
C0F4DDDB-06BE-47E2-BBC4-AE7BF9C72773.jpeg

Easily slid into place, I agree that it does look nice in there...
04AB3B49-0922-45B7-87E8-6CE87E662397.jpeg

Plenty of working room even with my 4x8 welding table, I can slide my bike in for storage or behind the door if I want to keep it inside while working (in the event of weather I donā€™t want to leave her out it), amazing how small things get real fast when one inserts a Land Cruiser into it...
49EE3F5C-B69A-44F5-9E2B-5F9EE29DCA7E.jpeg

CCDFAEFE-8BAE-47ED-9F1F-9FDCCFA89A82.jpeg

Now that I can work inside, out of the weather, on a clean floor, that I can find things I drop (I do that a LOT now), still have a crap ton of organizing to do before I actually get back on track, yet I canā€™t help being excited again to test my patience as I play mechanic with my 60. WAAAAAAY better than the rough concrete with nearby hard scrabble that eats nuts/bolts/screws like clothes dryers eat socks if anything is dropped nearby.

Great relief to get this relic inside, functional so I can use it as my daily driver instead of my Ram when I donā€™t ride my BMW, out of the weather in disrepair...:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom