Finally A Set of High Quality Set of Integrated Driving Lights for the J200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LazerLamps UK has produced a set of high quality driving lights which can be integrated into the J200 grill thus eliminating exposure to damage caused by accessory lights that extend beyond the body. The kit is not currently stocked in the USA because the distributor Triple R did not think there was a market for them. I spoke with Mac at Triple R and explained to him that J200 owners could really use a product like this and encouraged him to bring some over the pond. I'd encourage interested J200 ownvers to contact Mac.
The Kit will fit 2015-2021 J200 Toyota Land Cruisers and can be seen on LazerLamps website here: LazerLamp Toyota J200 Driving Light Kit
Triple R USA Distribution can be reached by filling out their contact form here: Triple R Contact Form
Triple R also carries a variety of high quality accessories.
Disclaimer: Other than searching for a drop dead excellent set of driving lights for over a year I have no financial interest in Triple R or LazerLamps.
1688831363751.png

“Check out these LEDs in the bright daylight sun”

Last edited:
Could you shed some additional illumination on your comment?
I think it was a passive-aggressive way of saying he'd like to see some nighttime shots.

There's useful data on the website. £606 for the set, around $800. Yikes.

Last edited:
Perhaps these photos from the British site will be helpful.
1689090048825.png
1689090111870.png
1689090180421.png

1689090048825.png

1689090111870.png

1689090180421.png

And this is why I'm suspicious of lighting brochures. Stated consistent brightness out to 400m, followed up by a "real world" shot showing it tapering out at less than 200m. So either the Marketing team doesn't know how to aim lights or the posted tech sheet is a lie. Pretty meh either way.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 112703.png
Screenshot 2023-07-11 112759.png

Marketing can be deceptive for sure, especially these days with the Feds and all their minions involved. But when I looked at the "real life" photo and saw how much better the lighting was compared to those useless OEM highbeams I thought the Triple Rs would be a significant improvement.

“Check out these LEDs in the bright daylight sun”

Rather tough to see details of a unique light housing/installation in the dark…

If I'm looking at those brackets correctly, you need to cut sections out of the stock grille to fit these?

If I'm looking at those brackets correctly, you need to cut sections out of the stock grille to fit these?
Installation

Most definitely have to cut out some big sections of the grill. Then self tapping screws into the remaining slat to hold on the mount.

With that in mind...seems like you could mount just about any light in there if you are willing to cut out grill sections and then screw metal tabs to what's left, you just don't get the pretty brackets that match the curve of the grill slats and cover the cut ends.

Perseverance has led to an alternate solution for the expensive grill altering LazerLamp option I described above. Here in the US an off road specialty chain called 4 Wheel Parts carries a light bar line called ProComp which has a limited lifetime warranty. Their 20" single row light bar uses Osram LEDs. It is a combination of flood, 4 on each end and 4 dead center which spread the light well, and spot, 4 on each side of the center floods that provide the distance. The lightbar is as perfect a fit as one could ask for in the LC. And at $119.95 very affordable. The only alteration necessary was to create a slot in the mounting bracket instead of the round hole which allows lightbar vertical adjustment so that maximal advantage can be taken of the 1 3/8 inch opening in the bottom of the grill. The results are a vast improvement in the poor high beams of the recent vintage LC sealed LED high beam headlights.

IMG_1395.JPG

LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS ALONE
IMG_1392[1].jpg

HIGH BEAM HEADLIGHTS
IMG_1393[1].jpg

HIGH BEAM HEADLIGHTS PLUS PROCOMP 20" LIGHTBAR
IMG_1394[1].jpg

This may be a noobie question as I am no lighting expert, but is there any risk of melting the grill plastic with fitting lights that closely?

It’s a good question. Time will tell. I expect air moving past the grill and light bar will keep temperatures below the melting point. Currently with the truck parked and the light bar on the front of the light bar is cool enough to place fingers on without any significant heat detected. Most of the heat is generated at the base of the LEDs hence the reason for having heat dispersal fins on the rear of the housing.
And with an 8 amp draw one wouldn’t want to leave the lights on for too long without the engine running or battery drain will become an issue. With the engine running cool air will be drawn in over the light bar before hitting the radiator.

Were you able to install without removing the grille or did it all have to come off? Still pleased a few months later?
The only part necessary to remove is the radiator cover. There is plenty of room to install the light bar. And I’m very happy with the results using the ProComp brand lightbar with Osram LEDs.

Perseverance has led to an alternate solution for the expensive grill altering LazerLamp option I described above. Here in the US an off road specialty chain called 4 Wheel Parts carries a light bar line called ProComp which has a limited lifetime warranty. Their 20" single row light bar uses Osram LEDs. It is a combination of flood, 4 on each end and 4 dead center which spread the light well, and spot, 4 on each side of the center floods that provide the distance. The lightbar is as perfect a fit as one could ask for in the LC. And at $119.95 very affordable. The only alteration necessary was to create a slot in the mounting bracket instead of the round hole which allows lightbar vertical adjustment so that maximal advantage can be taken of the 1 3/8 inch opening in the bottom of the grill. The results are a vast improvement in the poor high beams of the recent vintage LC sealed LED high beam headlights.

View attachment 3409083
LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS ALONE
View attachment 3409084
HIGH BEAM HEADLIGHTS
View attachment 3409085
HIGH BEAM HEADLIGHTS PLUS PROCOMP 20" LIGHTBAR
View attachment 3409086
Details: Motorsports Series 20" Single Row LED Combo Spot/ Flood Light Bar - 75120 - Pro Comp - https://www.procompusa.com/product-skus/pro-comp-motorsports-series-20-single-row-led-combo-spot-flood-light-bar-75120/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom