Filter Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to replace the filters from oil to cabin. So here are my questions.

1. What oil filters are you using?

2. What cabin air filters are you using?

3. What air filter are you using?

4. Have any of you guys used the MagnumFLOW OE Replacement PRO DRY S Air Filter or HPR OE Replacement Air Filter?

Nothing but Genuine Toyota for the oil filter. In all the Toyota's I have owned over the years, non-OEM filters require the engine to run a few seconds longer before the oil pressure builds up. I also usually use OEM for the air filter. Cabin filter I use whatever. Guess I'm more picky about what my engine breaths that what I do:)

I use Toyota everything. The cabin filters are a specific fit, might have to use Toyota for that. I don't see any issue with aftermarket air filters if they are available.

1. Mobil-1 (the large one - 209, h/t @hankinid)
2. OEM
3. OEM
4. No

Last edited:
I am looking to replace the filters from oil to cabin. So here are my questions.

4. Have any of you guys used the MagnumFLOW OE Replacement PRO DRY S Air Filter or HPR OE Replacement Air Filter?
1. Mobil 1 (longer one is M1-209 or NAPA Gold if I catch the half-off sales...made by Wix.

2. Some I found on Amazon for ~ $30, iirc.

3. Napa Gold...half-off sale too.

4. Nope.

Oil Filter - Wix 1516 which is larger than stock
Air Filter - Wix 2476
Cabin - OEM

I buy the Wix filters from Fleetfilter usually a dozen at a time as we have two 100-series at the house.

Wix filters would not be a bad choice. I use Amsoil, Toyota and Wix. Mostly Toyota Oil Filters. Found a deal and bought twelve so I'm committed. Suggest you stay away from the popular brands. Frame, Bosch, and store brands are questionable.Others are more effective and reliable.

Use a good name brand. such as mentioned, and change as required. You won't have any issues.

Some of us tend to over analyze the issue when common sense results in good successful maintenance.

Pep boys had a sale on Mobil 1 oil with filter for $37 for five quarts and the 209 oil filter. I stocked up ( I use the ESP oil for a VW TDI...normally $12.50 a quart)

I use OEM only. Order on-line or over the phone from supporting dealers for discounts.

Oil filter 90915-YZZD3

Air filter 17801-50040

Cabin filters 88568-60010 (2)

I use OEM only. Order on-line or over the phone from supporting dealers for discounts.

Oil filter 90915-YZZD3

Air filter 17801-50040

Cabin filters 88568-60010 (2)
Hey, what online dealer do u use and what's a good price to pay?

1. Oil: Amsoil EA15K51
2. Cabin: TYC 800099P2 (from Amazon, $17.89 for the 2-pk)
3. Air: either Wix 42476 (from Amsoil), or MANN MA1054 (from Amazon)
4. No

I didn't see much talk of the K&N air filter. That's what I got ? Any thoughts on that one?

I didn't see much talk of the K&N air filter. That's what I got ? Any thoughts on that one?
:popcorn:

There may be a few thoughts on K&N... ;)

Forget K&N. Most, after installing, think it's nothing more than sank oil. A marketing masterpiece.

Hey, what online dealer do u use and what's a good price to pay?

Have had great success with these folks and have bought all my parts from them at prices less than seen on this site. When you call them they actually act like they are glad you did. Always helpful and have great suggestions about kits and specials. Maybe will work for you and others. Compare their prices on wheel bearing kits, filters, drive axel rebuild kits, and others.

Have found the brother-in-law deals here are not the best available.

http://toyotapartznet.com/

Ok thanks now a couple of more questions.
1. Why the mobile 1 209 instead of the 102?
2. When do you change your mobile oil filters? The recommended 15k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom