Fender Flare Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone remove the fender flares as part the modifications to their FJ/FZJ 80s? I think the flares are pretty ugly (but I love almost everything else about the trucks). Thus, I'd like to see what an 80 would look like without the flares? Any thoughts, photos or links would be appreciated.

Also, how wide a tire (in about a 33" height) could you put on a flareless cruiser without the tires sticking out ridiculously far?

Do a search. It was hashed out pretty good a month or so ago.
As far as how far the tire sticks out see below. The widest point on my rig is the ARB.
Those are 305 MTRs.

Thanks for the replies and pictures. I definately want to go flareless. As always, more pictures and links are still welcome.

Sorry if my post was redundent. I searched "flarless" and came up with nada and when I searched "flare" I came up with too many hits.

i love mine with now flares. they got caught on everything anyways. i havent replaced the mounts yet but.........whats the diffierence in the delux and commercial?

My dream...my calling....

I wish I had money or time :'(

Yea, what is the diffrence between the deluxe and the commercial? And who sells em? Christo can you get your hands on em? ???

[quote author=Mr.Bryan link=board=2;threadid=7814;start=msg67105#msg67105 date=1069656481]
Yea, what is the diffrence between the deluxe and the commercial? And who sells em? Christo can you get your hands on em? ???
[/quote]

Never actually seen one in person, but here's a picture of the commercial.....
COMMERCIAL.jpg

compared to a deluxe......
Toyota6.jpg

Looks like there are some differences from the deluxe in the lower center, and, as Christo said, the commercial is not as wide as the deluxe as the deluxe is designed for vehicles with stock flares.

I think that I've also read somewhere that the commercial sticks out a little further than the deluxe, essentially decreasing your approach angle. But I'm not sure of the validity of this one, since I don't remember where I read it and don't have any data to back it up.

I've had the ARB deluxe winch mount, the ARB commercial winch mount and the slee winch mount. :D

The commercial never actually made it onto the truck though. :flipoff2:

Junk, where'd you get the commercial bar from?

Special ordered it through Chuckster at www.ok4wd.com, my local shop that does the work I can't etc. They ordered it special from OZ and it took like 4 months to get here. :flipoff2: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom