Feed up with your crappy 80 series battery mount? We have a fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Also included in the kit is our fuseable link anti-stress set up. Fuseable links stress related damage is another problem that is address. By relocating the fuseable link connection to the back of the battery box you will no longer subject your fuseable connection to damage leaving you with a non running vehicle.

Battery Bracket Upgrade - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Battery hole template attached and also on our web site page.
Do make sure you DL the PDF and THEN print it for best accuracy

Shown below our new clean and secure battery fuseable link set up. (Works with all batteries up to group 31)

As always for CSC members local cash pick up will save you some $$

Battery%20bracket%20installed.JPG

Attachments

• Battery Bracket Box Layout (1).pdf
    533 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Some clarification on our anti-stress fusiable link connection/set up. By using the included 6 gauge 9" jumper you will be relocating the fusible link to the rear of the battery box. Once relocated they do not see the abuse being out of harm way given when guys upgrade their battery or take them in and out.

Note the red jumper installed to the back of the battery box

upload_2018-9-10_17-13-29.png

Take note of the correct assembly order of the hardware, jumper, and fusible link. This connection should be very tight using 2 wrenches.

upload_2018-9-10_17-16-13.png

Rear view of the back of the battery box once complete. Notice the chafing from abuse of the pre-existing fusible link.

upload_2018-9-10_17-18-25.png

I’ve always thought the factory design was terrible. Especially stressing the fusible link. Great work!

Its the ONLY vehicle Toyota ever used this system on.:meh: Im guessing it was one of the owners son that came up with it:doh:

Nice upgrade LCP!

"Fixing" the crappy mount was one of the first things I did after our Kokopelli trip, @LandCruiserPhil. Mines not quite as pretty but my batteries have never budged again.

First on the list when you get more hold downs in stock!

Phil if you got some let me know

Demand exceeded our expectations and we ran short.:(

Manufacturer and tracking confirmed 50 more units due on Monday 10/15/2018

We are just waiting for the one part and all back orders will ship on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks all for the product support:clap:

@Will Van
@Ken in AZ
@Zor
Other pending purchase orders have been notified

Demand exceeded our expectations and we ran short.:(

Manufacturer and tracking confirmed 50 more units due on Monday 10/15/2018

We are just waiting for the one part and all back orders will ship on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks all for the product support:clap:

@Will Van
@Ken in AZ
@Zor
Other pending purchase orders have been notified

Thank you for the update. I'm actually trying to wrap up my preventative maintenance project. If the 50 additional units don't show up early next week, is there any way you could ship the anti-stress connection for the fusible link early/separate? I bought a brand new fusible link, and I'd prefer not to tear it up just to start the truck. Thx!

Thank you for the update. I'm actually trying to wrap up my preventative maintenance project. If the 50 additional units don't show up early next week, is there any way you could ship the anti-stress connection for the fusible link early/separate? I bought a brand new fusible link, and I'd prefer not to tear it up just to start the truck. Thx!

I confirmed with the manufacturer and UPS tracking the parts have been shipped, in route, and are scheduled to be here on Monday.

All other parts have been pulled and waiting for the missing. Im confident looking at your address you will see your complete order mid week as I ship mostly USPS 1st class or Priority Mail for the fastest delivery.

LCP, i need a dual kit when you have some stock. It will need to be shipped to me in Ga. Just let me know when you have some, i am in no rush. The 80 was started for the 1st time in 4 months yesterday. Going to be doing some work on it this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom