February Club Run - Rattlesnake Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Joe, just wanted to let you know, I will be joining you guys for the club run this month! Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope you don't mind, but I've got Evan who will be coming along again, and one more friend (whom i've been trying to get in the club for some time now) with a 2013 GX460 who's finally decided to take his rig off pavement haha. I've advised him to remove his running boards, which he's done already, so should be a fun trip and hope this is the one that gets him to join the club!
Great !!

Excited to try new things. Supposed to be going with my Father-in-law, if he is awake when I stop by. Is the idea to go into Baldwin Lake or back town to Pioneer Town?
Great to have you along !

Excited to try new things. Supposed to be going with my Father-in-law, if he is awake when I stop by. Is the idea to go into Baldwin Lake or back town to Pioneer Town?
We will discuss further , however several members including myself would like to go into pioneer town , and possibly stop @ pappy & harriet's saloon . We will then go home down through yucca valley to the 10 fwy . pappy & harriet's is a very cool spot to check out !

We will discuss further , however several members including myself would like to go into pioneer town , and possibly stop @ pappy & harriet's saloon . We will then go home down through yucca valley to the 10 fwy . pappy & harriet's is a very cool spot to check out !
Sound better than coming down with everyone else from Big Bear.

Will have my daughter in law along for the ride!!

Either option is possible, I'll put it to a vote tomorrow morning with everyone who shows up. I'm leaning towards Pioneer Town for 2 reasons:
  • I've never done that section of the trail and have never been to Pioneer Town
  • If we come down Hwy 18 through Big Bear, or even Hwy 38 through Angelus Oaks, we may end up fighting end of the day ski/snow play traffic

Hey Joe, just wanted to let you know, I will be joining you guys for the club run this month! Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope you don't mind, but I've got Evan who will be coming along again, and one more friend (whom i've been trying to get in the club for some time now) with a 2013 GX460 who's finally decided to take his rig off pavement haha. I've advised him to remove his running boards, which he's done already, so should be a fun trip and hope this is the one that gets him to join the club!
Sounds great, Brandon! Looking forward to seeing you & Evan, and meeting your GX460 friend.

Another vote for Pioneer Town for reason 2 above ! No desire to fight ski traffic either!

You going to make it Joe??

Another vote for Pioneer Town for reason 2 above ! No desire to fight ski traffic either!

You going to make it Joe??
Sure am! I just got my truck back today with a new power steering pump. Should be good to go!

I am in.
See you all tomorrow....
Glad to hear it Achilles! I'l have your Baofeng programming stuff for you tomorrow. Sorry I've had it for so long!

I uploaded pics that I took today--sorry I couldn't get everyone. I used the club link: So Ca TLCA - Photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/E4899Rrvio58C9HY6
I am adding photos to that link as well. I had my dash cam on the entire time. I will try and put together something with that footage, but I am no editor nor do I have the software to do such a thing. But I think the "15 min" it took us to get to the top of the mountain might have some good content in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom