February 2024 club run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I was looking forward to this run, but then this happened. Tilt/telescope both stopped working at the same time. Not the fuse so ordered a new switch. Not coming till Saturday.
Have a safe fun run.

20240215_115431.jpg

Good news... Switch came in early and got it fixed.
So I'll be able to make it, see everyone at breakfast.

Bad news I may have broken my clock spring and may not have a functional Driver airbag, but what could possibly go wrong.

P.S. Carlos Jr., will be accompanying me.

Hello, it has been a while. I attended the Red Rock Canyon run last May. My friend drove his new-at-the-time Tundra and I drove my stock LX470. It is still in stock :cool: and I was wondering if it can handle tomorrow's run. My AHC still works. Let me know if you advise against it. Thanks.

Hello, it has been a while. I attended the Red Rock Canyon run last May.
Come join the fun. We will venture as far as our equipment allow. If your rig still has the side steps, they will be the most vulnerable areas. We will be on fire roads for the most part. Some unexpected situations may present themselves and we will decide as we encounter them. Body damage is always a possibility but after all you are driving very capable a Landcruiser! It’ll get you there and back

Come join the fun. We will venture as far as our equipment allow. If your rig still has the side steps, they will be the most vulnerable areas. We will be on fire roads for the most part. Some unexpected situations may present themselves and we will decide as we encounter them. Body damage is always a possibility but after all you are driving very capable a Landcruiser! It’ll get you there and back
Sounds good. I will be at Mile High Cafe by 8:45 a.m. Thank you.

We had another great club run yesterday, with 10 rigs attending. We had hoped for more fresh snow, but we had to settle for what we found. There was snow on the ground starting at about 6,700' elevation, with quite a bit in the Big Pine Flat area. The only trail casualty was Joel's Rubicon, and I'll let him tell you all about that. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words", and Joel's photo above is quite eloquent!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your patience and help. I made it home.

View attachment 3560550
:steer::oops::eek:
Hands down the best video on my phone. I’m going to try and upload it to our club website. If you have videos or pictures, check back here. I will ask our webmaster to post a link for us to upload. This was the run’s best moment and some!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom