Favorite Truck Camping Grill! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has used the Volcano cook stove/grill? Bought mine last summer and so far I've found use for it just about every other weekend or more.

Here's a link to their website: Volcano Collapsible Stove | Volcano 3 Outdoor Grill

I used a code 10off for 10% off, not sure if it's still active, just thought ya'll could give it a shot if interested.

Cheers

Dan, 07 FJ

A friend has one, he says it's fantastic and he uses it exclusively when wheeling, no other stove or grill.

I had one with the propane burner accessory and didn't like it near as much as my Magma Marine Kettle 2. My biggest complaints: The propane burner was a bit of a PITA to install & remove for each transport session and was a flame thrower instead of a good grill burner (seemed more after thought...). The system was bulky and heavy. And after a few trips being (properly) stored in the nose box of my then Kimberley Kamper the outer sides got deformed and was a bit of a PITA to extend/collapse...

But they seem to have the marketing piece down ;)

I like the Coleman combo grill/burner unit. Boil water for the french press while grilling breakfast.
When I need slow grilling or when I have time to kill I carry a grill grate and grill over wood coals.

Also works great on the tailgate after hunting.

I like the grill box from Camp Chef. Been using one for years. I've also got the Coleman grill/burner combo like pictured above when I don't want to set up the huge two burner Camp Chef. Grill portion is just 'ok' IMHO. Enough room for boiling water for coffee, but you can barely fit an 8" skillet on the burner next to the grill.

I love my volcano grill. I got mine at a Costco roadshow last year. It's a very efficient grill utilizing just a handful of charcoal. One of the drawers for me was the ability to use my Dutch oven with it.

Mine came with the propane burner and I've used it once it was easy to set up. However I just like using charcoal with it.

image.jpeg
Another vote for a Magma Kettle 2. I've even made an adapter for it so I can use a wok!

image.jpeg
Got more pics of this setup?
Is it mounted to the tire carrier?

Looks pretty slick.
Attaches to the bumper using the Magma mount....

image.jpeg
Another great use for the Kettle: heating up water for a hot shower!

but honestly, if I need to cook a reasonable amount of food, I'll go with a Double burner camp chef stove. The Grill box works great too.

Camp Chef Tailgater Combo
tailgater.jpg

I have an O-Grill 2000. I don't think you can get them any longer. The slightly less BTU version is readily available. I think Camping World also sells them and I am sure plenty of other places.

What I like about it is it is fairly compact with folding legs but still has a large cooking surface. Mine sits between my fridge and some FrontRunner boxes in my FJ. I really like the cast iron grilling surface. Only thing I don't like is it is a single burner stove. I just couldn't find a good compact dual burner for a reasonable price.

O-Grill O-500 Propane Grill
by Pro Iroda
Link: Amazon.com : O Grill 500 Portable Grill, Black : Freestanding Grills : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I love my little Weber smokey Joe. Perfect size to pack and cook for my wife and I. Nothing beats charcoal...well maybe mountain oak.

I like the Coleman combo grill/burner unit. Boil water for the french press while grilling breakfast.
When I need slow grilling or when I have time to kill I carry a grill grate and grill over wood coals.

Also works great on the tailgate after hunting.

I have the Stansport version of this and it has served very well. It's been used about 2-3 times a week June through Nov going on four years now and it works as well as it did new. Makes a tasty burger too.

What do you have there under the burner, wood chips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom