Favor Request for someone with a 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hokie LX

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everyone,

Does anyone local have a 200 series they'd be willing to let me test drive? I'm looking to replace my 100 series with a vehicle with better towing and I'd like to see how the 200 series tows with my trailer on it. Unfortunately, I don't see a dealer being open to this...

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a 200 series they'd let me hook up my 6x12 enclosed trailer and do a few miles on the highway?

I can treat you to lunch or pay with beer! I'm right near Duke but can also drag my trailer out to you if needed!

Thanks!

KTrwRma8TWCR6J5%1e2scw.jpg

What's in the trailer? You can borrow my Ferd for a chance to give whatever is in there a spin :steer:

What's in the trailer? You can borrow my Ferd for a chance to give whatever is in there a spin :steer:
Packing peanuts. It's a trailer full of packing peanuts. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I can’t see how a hundred series would have any issues with that trailer. Don’t they have a v8?
My 97 lx450 pulled a slightly larger Uhual trailer from Florida to south Texas with zero issues.

But it is a good excuse to get a 200 series. Haha

I’m probably going to start looking pretty hard for a 200 series in the next year.

I can’t see how a hundred series would have any issues with that trailer. Don’t they have a v8?
My 97 lx450 pulled a slightly larger Uhual trailer from Florida to south Texas with zero issues.

Shhh....Del, the man wants to replace his 100 with a 200.

[Mid-post edit] Dang....you beat me to it! :)

100 + more hp depending on your 100 and 80 more torques..... i'd say it would feel a lot different.

But i've said it before in other posts like this...you can find extremely cheap dedicated tow rigs out there. Ford 460's, v10s,..... Chevy 454's etc. Buying one of these for a few grand would be a lot cheaper than upgrading to a 200 and you will still have your hundo to wheel in.

View attachment 2400279
I’ll be your huckleberry, again. Unless you want to only test drive a stock truck, I have no issues with your request.
Thanks! I'll message you. Your truck looks to be similar to what I would do to a 200 series so will be a good test!

The 100 series isn't a "bad" tow vehicle. But unlike the uhaul trailers, this is a taller trailer and wind resistance really comes into play at highway speeds. We are looking to move out west in the near future and I'd like some more POWA to tow a trailer in the mountains. The 100 can definitely tow this as I've put almost 1500 miles on the trailer so far with my 100. It's just not a great tow vehicle compared to other options. We've been looking to upgrade my truck to a newer one for a few months now and now is looking like a good time to do so.

100 + more hp depending on your 100 and 80 more torques..... i'd say it would feel a lot different.

But i've said it before in other posts like this...you can find extremely cheap dedicated tow rigs out there. Ford 460's, v10s,..... Chevy 454's etc. Buying one of these for a few grand would be a lot cheaper than upgrading to a 200 and you will still have your hundo to wheel in.

The extra 150hp and 100lbft out of the 5.7L as well as the 6-spd trans is hopefully a drastic improvement. I'm not looking for a dedicated tow rig but a 200 series fits our needs as a newer vehicle with increased towing ability while also providing the freedom/ability to go explore/camp the western US with no worries about capability or reliability. Plus I just like the 200s. Ha!

Thanks! I'll message you. Your truck looks to be similar to what I would do to a 200 series so will be a good test!

The 100 series isn't a "bad" tow vehicle. But unlike the uhaul trailers, this is a taller trailer and wind resistance really comes into play at highway speeds. We are looking to move out west in the near future and I'd like some more POWA to tow a trailer in the mountains. The 100 can definitely tow this as I've put almost 1500 miles on the trailer so far with my 100. It's just not a great tow vehicle compared to other options. We've been looking to upgrade my truck to a newer one for a few months now and now is looking like a good time to do so.

The extra 150hp and 100lbft out of the 5.7L as well as the 6-spd trans is hopefully a drastic improvement. I'm not looking for a dedicated tow rig but a 200 series fits our needs as a newer vehicle with increased towing ability while also providing the freedom/ability to go explore/camp the western US with no worries about capability or reliability. Plus I just like the 200s. Ha!
What about a Tundra with the 5.7L as an alternative to the Land Cruiser? I'm not saying I have one or you should ask to drive one but the Tundra as an comparison to the 200.

What about a Tundra with the 5.7L as an alternative to the Land Cruiser? I'm not saying I have one or you should ask to drive one but the Tundra as an comparison to the 200.

The 5.7L Tundra was definitely on the short list along with a WK2 diesel grand cherokee, F150 3.5L ecoboost, X5 diesel, and a Tahoe but ultimately we decided to stick with a SUV platform vs a pickup. We are planning to get two larger dogs in the next year and they need a place inside the vehicle to ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom