Fan Clutch instead of a spacer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a '74 F and 1/2 and I've just added the mini truck P/S.
I need a fan spacer and have not found one that won't need metal surgery. Will a fan clutch and the seven blade fan serve the purpose? I've got my old 4 blade metal fan but wanted to go to the 6 blade nylon/deltin one, but it won't clear the pulleys.
HEP ME ???

Somebody's got to know this? HEP ME!
Ed

That's supposed to read "Delrin" not deltin. It's a form of Nylon 66. Anyway, you know what I mean.
Ed

Do you feel like you're the only one here, sometimes, Ed?

Sorry Ed. There are several folks on here that likely would have replied but, like me, don't spend a lot of time at the computer on weekends.

You should be fine with using a clutch fan. If it is a thermal clutch fan it will be in need of a shroud to be sure it's only getting air from the radiatior and therefore can lock up at the right time. It will work without a shroud but tends to lock up only after the temp has climbed quite a bit.

Rice

My old shroud had had some diegrinder surgery, so I replaced it with a virgin one. Should pull fine. I boiled out the radiator, new waterpump, thermostat and BOTH gaskets. I hope I'm good to go when finished. I've got a line on a clutch and fan from a FJ60, that should work, shouldn't it?
Thanks,
"Ain't lonely no mo" Ed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom