Family Hauler Build Snowfall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

like to introduce my self, my names ron. I wanted to share/get insight on how to build the perfect weekend family hauler. Unfortunately, I personally won’t get to enjoy much of the car. That’s because, I just modify these for clients who want a ready to go fitted out truck. I was looking for the communities help, in sorting this truck out. I greatly appreciate any feedback insight. Thank you!

Truck requirements:
Roof rack compatible with 4 ski setup
Intercom system
Volk Racing TE37 in 20’s
For tires. Mostly city with few trips to the Slopes.

for the wheels. I would like to stay away from cutting or rubbing. What would my options be from users who might be running that size wheel?

I had an intercom on my old rally car. Lets the driver and co-driver hear each other over the noise with helmets on. I don’t suspect that’s what the OP means though… :)

Maybe it means comms: HAM, GMRS, FRS, CB?

I wonder if the consumer of the target build knows their builder is looking for advice on an Internet forum…. Not confidence inspiring.

Having zero idea of what the customer wants, my vote is for a Lexus LX570 with an XL Thule roof box. Already has 20” wheels (so you can just get your Volks in a factory offset and know that there are many tires that will fit), there are lots of decent tire options since no KDSS bits to hit, AHC makes for easy lift/lowering and a nice ride, and you can easily fit four sets of skis, poles, and other gear in that Thule box (protected from salt which rusts edges and corrodes binding parts on your skis).

Last edited:
Sounds like you just need to buy the wheels you want, slap some good p-metric AT tires on them close to the factory LX size, then go shop the Yakima/Thule catalog.

Nothing too ground-breaking here.

Intercom?

I appreciate all the feedback. I attached the intercom my client is requesting to have I stalled below.

I also attached a photo of the car my client would like to mimic, but with additional roof rack & ski rack accessories.

It’s a tough ask as their sample rig has a roof rack delete.
I suggest a dissent or prinsu rack. Both are sleek full rack made of aluminum. So low maintenance. Any number of cargo boxes or ski attachments would fit, but so think packsport has a thin narrow one that fits four pairs of skis. Very sleek.
You can put that abortion of a PA system I front of the radiator. Tons of room there. The control box can fit under the passenger / right seat.
Clients are crazy, right? But customer is always right.
For tire I would stay in the big 4 AT. They won’t complain About that. The toyo at3 seems right, and it’s on the sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom